Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge Cooling Fans 2

So I went out today with intentions of adding a fan to back of my Fridge in my brand new 2019 Momentum. Much to my surprise there were 3 fans, yes 3, in the back, two were positioned near the top directing air up across the coils and one in the bottom presumably to pull air into the bottom.
    The problem is, none of these fans were running.
    1. Are they supposed to run all the time?
    2. If not on all the time, what triggers them to run?

Attachment 19234Attachment 19235Attachment 19236

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TENN22 View Post
    So I went out today with intentions of adding a fan to back of my Fridge in my brand new 2019 Momentum. Much to my surprise there were 3 fans, yes 3, in the back, two were positioned near the top directing air up across the coils and one in the bottom presumably to pull air into the bottom.
    The problem is, none of these fans were running.
    1. Are they supposed to run all the time?
    2. If not on all the time, what triggers them to run?

Attachment 19234Attachment 19235Attachment 19236
    So I moved this to its own thread.

On the upper part of the fridge unit behind your upper cover there is a row of fins, on one end of the fins is a small plate screwed on the fins this plate has a couple wires on it and I learned here the other day that this plate is what turns on the fans when the coils reach a certain temperature. Hopefully some one else will chime in on this.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I remember having just read all the manuals ( while waiting to get my rig back). It’s a thermal switch. Try using a hear dryer to see if you can get them to turn on.
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVLife68 View Post
    From what I remember having just read all the manuals ( while waiting to get my rig back). It’s a thermal switch. Try using a hear dryer to see if you can get them to turn on.
    Great idea, I will attempt in the morning to see if that triggers them.

Thank you

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read in another thread that the temperature may be 140 , not sure if the hair dryer will get that high but may take a little time. Watch as to not over heat the sensor or anything in that area.

Brian

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During the winter in Central Florida I added a fan, insulation, and metal duct work to help air flow... Outside Temp. was high 60's... not warm enough to start the fans... I used a small piece of wire with alligator clips to jumper the thermal switch for testing.. when the weather hits high 70's they should come on when the fridge cooling unit is fired up....The fins were very warm to touch when the fans are running.. In a previous post some used 120 deg. thermal switch as a replacement, never heard if it was an improvement... I'm considering put a on/off switch in parallel with the thermal switch so I can turn the fans on and leave them run on really warm days.....
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}