User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Solitude 380FL / Norcold fridge won't run on propane when slides are in.

This is our first Grand Design and loving it so far. But, with only one major road trip towing the unit, the fridge will not stay running on propane when the slides are in. As soon as the middle kitchen/dining slides are slightly extended the stove burners and fridge both work. I had someone operate the slides while I watched underneath expecting a kinked propane hose but no such issue. Works great while slides are out. Any ideas?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would almost have to be a kinked line or worse a leak. You may have to do some more searching to make sure. Check the line routing from end to end just to be sure you covered it all. Traveling with the gas on for the fridge is a conundrum as well , sometimes the airflow is right and can blow out the fire for the fridge setting it into fault mode.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info and I also found other references to a possible propane hose kink behind the stove that is only triggered when the slides are in. I will do some checking and advise soon. Currently we are setup for another week with full hookups so not an urgent issue. I’ll report back shortly.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also wanted to welcome you to the forum. Stay a bit , there is lots of reading and plenty of helpful tips for many problems that have arose over the years.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had same issue. Furnace ran but no stove or fridge. Supply line to both got kinked during slide stowage.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks and was the kink underneath the slide on the stove side and how did you get it to stop linking?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue...was packed for a three month trip and had to throw out most of what was in the freezer. Was just about a day and a half and 600 miles into a 14,000 mile trip. Was very discouraged. Tried cleaning and adjusting the mixture and cleaning the tubes behind the reefer...no joy. But then...had an epiphany at a rest stop, crawled under the slide...eureka!!! Crimped gas line. Opened the slide, did a little duct tape/zip tie magic and...bada boom....let there be gas! Still works lo these many miles hence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimrbell View Post
    Thanks and was the kink underneath the slide on the stove side and how did you get it to stop linking?
    Jimrbell, I think I just adjusted the spring that held the line in place. It was some time ago. I usually start fridge 2 days before we leave for a trip while slides are still in. Hasn't been an issue since that one time. Just try and find the kink and maneuver it best you can.
    2018 GD 303RLS
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wondering if this kink thing was the problem I had on my first trip where the fridge didn't work on the way home. Dealer ran it for days and it worked fine. Second trip and no issues. The only thing I am thinking in this one is when we got home fridge still didn't run on propane with the slide out. Working now so hope it was a one time deal.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast