User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I get a new 303rls?

Looking at a lot of reviews of the 303rls. Some not very flattering. Mainly because of problems they have In countered since purchasing. Wondering how 303 owners in this group feel?

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a roll of the dice with any brand......just much better odds with a Grand Design.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO people are more likely to post when they have an issue. We have a 2018 303 and the only major issue was the greased brake issue. All other issues were adjustments or minor cosmetic. We are extremely happy with our unit. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Matt & Dana , Kasey the Australian Cattle Dog
    2018 303rls
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 303 is only nine months old and the only issue was with the fireplace which was replaced under warranty. I agree with Hunter70, it's the luck of the draw.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2014 303rls and it has been trouble free. only issue is a broken drawer while extending slide, operator error. Replaced a gray water valve cable. We really like our camper.

hayman

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RayJ1130 View Post
    Looking at a lot of reviews of the 303rls. Some not very flattering. Mainly because of problems they have In countered since purchasing. Wondering how 303 owners in this group feel?
    With ANY RV you must be prepared to deal with minor annoyances and be willing to get your hands dirty. RV's are not even remotely as reliable as today's cars. Even very, very expensive RVs have issues.

I dealt with this reality by joining this forum almost 8 months before I purchased. Over the course of time I read and posted questions, learning as I went. When I purchased my 315RLTS I spent 7 hours on the Pre-Delivery Inspection. And ever since I've spent countless hours going over the trailer, lubing the chassis, fixing minor trim issues, upgrading components...there's no end in sight. Here's the thread if you're curious about my PDI: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-The-First-Day

If you're looking for a hobby, buy an RV and you'll never wonder what to do on a weekend. You can use it to camp or fix/modify/clean it. Always something to do.

Good luck with your hunt.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy a 29RS , just kidding. Tough decision , and great advice so far. Its really not bad we have had a few little issue and I think the major ones are few and far between. We are happy with GD and I think there quality is above average , I know from reports on here that there service is above average.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our 2018 303 (September 2017 build date) in October 2018/ Knock on wood we have had zero warranty issues to date. Our dealer is about 2 hours away, and if I see something that needs tightening, I tighten it. I try stay on top of the preventative maintenance and so far we are very happy with our purchase.

Please go to the reference library or do a search for PDI. The pre-delivery inspection is critical in making sure you understand how things work.

Good luck in your search
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 303rls bought in may. Has been in the shop for 6 months with over 30 issues. Nightmare.
    Dealer techs as much to blame as the unqualified techs that build them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got our 2019 303 last May - only problem was a broken fireplace dealer replaced while we waited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast