User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek Slide Stuck

Well, made it to Florida for our spring break trip. Overnighted at a Cracker Barrel in Rock Hill, SC where we used the bedroom slide, then on to Fort Wilderness. Upon setting up, the bedroom slide worked well on the rear side, but would only move a few inches on the forward slide. After much troubleshooting and trying to remove the motor, I removed the entire track assembly (not a good idea on the road) and fished out the motor. Using a too short ladder, I got on the slide roof and got it from there.
    Upon disection, I found the timing magnet split in half and loose on the shaft. I figure it had a winter cracking and the rough roads split it the rest of the way. The motor would turn, but the computer couldn't count the turns and would shut it down.
    Road repair, super glue the halves back together and added a plastic washer to the top I cut out of some packaging in the pantry to hold it together. Works like a champ!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive road repair!!!

Too bad you had all the issues getting the motor out.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrew - you are good !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work! I had a motor stop working on the Schwintek slide mechanism on my previous camper. Thankfully, it happened when the slide was partially out, as that motor was attached to the camper wall with a single screw that was only accessible with the slide partly or fully out. Other than that, replacement was easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holger & Corinne
    Granite Bay, CA

2019 Solitude 310gk w/goosebox conversion
    towed by 2012 Ford F450 Lariat crew cab 4x4
    Bilstein shocks, Air-ride air bags
    2 independent on-board Viair compressors w/2.5 gal. air tank
    Boston Whaler 21' Outrage when not towing 5'er

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I am thinking about it, couldn't that slide been override by using the jumper wire "trick" at the control box?
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might be a general question but, where in the world are the Schwintek motors anyway? Does one have to take a bunch of stuff apart to access them? Our Imagine 2970 RL has one slide that is a Schwintek slide.

No problems yet, I'd just like to educate myself for when the problem does come up.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    This might be a general question but, where in the world are the Schwintek motors anyway? Does one have to take a bunch of stuff apart to access them? Our Imagine 2970 RL has one slide that is a Schwintek slide.

No problems yet, I'd just like to educate myself for when the problem does come up.
    They are located on the top corner of each slide. Most often you can usually remove the rubber seals inside the coach with the slide partially in to access from inside of the coach. Motor retention screw is on the exterior top for a manual override. On the slide controller you can electronically override by pressing the push button on the slide controller box 6 times, hold the 7th time for 5 secs. Green Red lights will flash back and forth.

Here's the Lippert In Scwhintek Slide Service Manual: https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ice_Manual.pdf

Quick Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xojUdPDWNS0
    Last edited by cleazenby; 04-15-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post

Yes they are back behind the slide trim under the rubber. Try and get this motor out with the slide halfway out, in the small front corner of the rig up against the ceiling. Impossible. I elected to take the whole pinion mount assembly out and work from outside. Huge PIA.
    I guess I could have jumped it or done more electronically, but I wanted to get to the bottom of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Clint! Not sure if I have the Schwintek service manual in the packet that came with our camper, but just in case I don't I copied the manual to my phone.

I think I'll be checking this out this weekend.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting stuff. I can't find the slide controller on my 2400BH, I also don't think it is shown in the manual. I have not extensively looked for it, I just want to be ready, just in case.
    2016 RAM 2500 - 6.4 Hemi, 4:10 Rear
    2019 Imagine 2400BH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast