User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is anyone running a brush guard on 2019 F350 with adaptive cruise control?

Got a new truck to pull our 303RLS.....Truck is equipped with "adaptive cruise control". Information I have read says that the cruise will not work.....when a brush guard is mounted. You also lose the front camera I read........wondering if another member has this same problem. My truck is a 2019 Ford F350 CC SB Platinum Trim level.

thank you

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The adaptive cruise radar is in the little black square box next to the driver side tow hook. The camera is in the grill below the Ford oval. I can see where if either is blocked by the bumper you would lose that function.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    The adaptive cruise radar is in the little black square box next to the driver side tow hook. The camera is in the grill below the Ford oval. I can see where if either is blocked by the bumper you would lose that function.
    thank you for the response.... I was hoping to find out clearance parameters (top/bottom, both sides, and front) that need to be achieved for the AC to work properly. I was thinking of Ranchhand and Westin as acceptable..... but neither of the two indicate they work with Ford's adaptive cruise. I really like the AC feature on my truck.......but since we live in an area that seem to have an abundance of suicidal deer, I'm seriously considering a "deer smasher" on the F350.
    Westin looks like it clears the frontal area of the AC, but I am not sure if the receptive angle of the AC would activate/alarm.....I guess more research is required.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you asked the vendors for the ones you like? They should know. We see a lot of them on the road here, Texas imagine that, and on hi line trucks that have AC. That radar box is pretty small so if the bumper has a hole for it they may be able to move it into the bumper and it'll work. Sorry for the guessing as I don't have an aftermarket bumper but have thought about it due to deer as well. Ranch Hand is the biggest brand here, I would try contacting them directly. Nice truck by the way...Platinums are gorgeous!
    Jeff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my curiosity up so a quick google search shows a few promising ideas to keep the AC working...this one is kind of cool.
    https://www.rogueracing.com/bumpers/...017-super-duty
    Jeff

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit88 View Post
    Got a new truck to pull our 303RLS.....Truck is equipped with "adaptive cruise control". Information I have read says that the cruise will not work.....when a brush guard is mounted. You also lose the front camera I read........wondering if another member has this same problem. My truck is a 2019 Ford F350 CC SB Platinum Trim level.

thank you
    I didn't consider the Adaptive Cruise (ADC) when I installed my front hitch. Installed a bike rack and went out for a test drive to see how I liked looking at a bike while driving. Turned on cruise and she nosed over--I immediately knew what had happened. Bike rack blocked the ADC's radar. I switched to normal cruise control and it worked, but I really like ADC so no bike rack on the front.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got one car with the adaptive cruise control, and I really don't like it. It will slow me down to the speed of the vehicle in front of me and then floor the accelerator when I pull over into the left lane. And that lane change alarm that beeps every time I cross a white line is annoying. At least I can cut it off.

I long for the old simple times where cars and trucks were simple and bumpers and cattle guards were big.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you asked the vendors for the ones you like? They should know. We see a lot of them on the road here, Texas imagine that, and on hi line trucks that have AC. That radar box is pretty small so if the bumper has a hole for it they may be able to move it into the bumper and it'll work. Sorry for the guessing as I don't have an aftermarket bumper but have thought about it due to deer as well. Ranch Hand is the biggest brand here, I would try contacting them directly. Nice truck by the way...Platinums are gorgeous!
    Yes....and the two companies I contacted say their guard will cause the camera to not work.....I knew that because my friend also has a 2019 and he installed a Westin.....and it rendered the camera pretty much useless......his truck does not have AC, so I cannot speak to whether the AC would work with a Westin..... The factory said they thought the AC would work.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my curiosity up so a quick google search shows a few promising ideas to keep the AC working...this one is kind of cool.

great info..... I am pretty sure I'm going to put a deer smasher on the front, and was thinking I might have to fab a bracket up to do it...I'll give those folks a call.....
    thank you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

found another guard that looks appealing on an F350 and appears to have some space to allow the AC an unobstructed view.....here is the linkhttps://realtruck.com/p/go-industries-rancher-grille-guards/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast