Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bigger storage under the Bed

I did a search but nothing came up.
    I was wondering if anyone has raised the bed frame to expand the storage space area. I would like to raise it about 6-8 inches so bigger items can fit there.
    Do you see any issues with that idea?
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can not see any harm in doing this , the only downside would be you would have farther to fall out of bed.

Brian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want big under bed storage?...376TH is for you!

just had to say it. I don’t see any harm in raising the bed, except reducing headroom.

Big Mike
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will you need to put a step ladder next to it, so DW can get in? I have to have a step next to my side as it is. We have an old sleep# with 3" Topper.... so, be aware the vertically challenged will need a lift up. LOL

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our bed is already on the high side. If I sit on the bed, my feet don't touch the floor. Maybe ours is higher. We have 2 lounge chairs, an extra platform for the entry steps, a 6 gallon water container, an extra 50 amp cord, screened and solid sides for the easy up, and still have room for more stuff.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another question: on the 150 Series (don't know about the others) the plywood platform under the mattress is hinged in a way that only about 2/3's of the mattress is raised when accessing the storage, causing the mattress to bend. This is no problem with the cheap flimsy mattress that comes with the trailer.

What about when you upgrade to a better quality mattress? Will they bend enough to allow access?

One solution might be to convert the plywood panel under the mattress to full length instead of the shortened length.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Another question: on the 150 Series (don't know about the others) the plywood platform under the mattress is hinged in a way that only about 2/3's of the mattress is raised when accessing the storage, causing the mattress to bend. This is no problem with the cheap flimsy mattress that comes with the trailer.

What about when you upgrade to a better quality mattress? Will they bend enough to allow access?

One solution might be to convert the plywood panel under the mattress to full length instead of the shortened length.
    If you upgrade to a heavier mattress you probably have to upgrade the supporting shocks as well. A search hear will find that info for you.
    I have though about doing the full bed lift but have not done it.

Brian