User Tag List

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorick1973 View Post
    Hi Everyone.

Lord willing, my family of 4 will begin our full-time living in our 2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS in a couple months. We plan to tour around our beautiful country 8 to 10 months out of the year then park (with a full hookup) on my sister's land in Idaho. I look forward to feedback and advice via these forums.

Here's some info about us:
    Me, my wife, and two kids. Wife and two kids are emigrating here from the Philippines (I've been here since 1981) and have been living in less than 300 sq. ft. poor-condition place. So, they are use to small spaces already. They are also very petite ladies. The 5th wheel will already be a upgrade for them.

I've lived in a 2,500 sq. ft. house most of my life but grew up in the Philippines and go there often. So, I'm use to doing with less and actually prefer it.

I do my entire business from home (laptop and a second screen is all I need) during normal work hours. The kids would be doing online college for the first couple years. My wife creates crafts to sell online.

I thought that the best way to immerse them into the United States is to actually see the states and meet the peopl rather than being stuck in one state.

Eventually, we will likely get a small dog to travel with us.

THE PLAN:
    Each trip would be 9 to 10 months long staying at different places for at least two weeks at a time. We would then tour the surrounding areas to experience the "local vibes" and scenery. We would return to my sister's property in Idaho which will have a full hookup for us in a RV driveway built just for us. It will be a few yards away from a second house on her property built for visitors which we could use when it's not occupied.

The RV and vehicle:
    We purchased a 2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS (two bed rooms) pulled by a 2019 Ford F350 Diesel Dually.

As a project to keep the kids busy and learning, we plan plan to post videos online of their experience as they tour this beautiful country of ours.

See you on the road!
    Welcome to the fulltime family here on the forum. Any questions you have about fulltiming, just ask, there are lots of full-timers here and those that dream of doing so. Great set up and [plan you have and mooch-docking on your family's property, ID is a beautiful state, we visited there last year when we went to Yellowstone. staying in place for a week or two you wont get movement fatigue. It can get tiring setting up and packing up every few days and moving again. You can get better rates staying 2 weeks in some places. Your wife and kids are going to be wowed by all the beautiful places in the US. Like visiting 48 individual but interconnected countries each unique to their own area. I have been blessed in my life being able to visit a lot of countries in this world, including the Philippines, makes us appreciate all that we have and the experiences we've had now fulltiming that much more

. Go out and make some memories!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 08-23-2023 at 03:45 PM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I totally missed this thread!

We have been full-timing since August 2021.

We are in a 2021 Reflection 320MKS, pulling it with a 2019 F350 SD SRW diesel.

Started with two dogs and the wife, had to help one of the dogs over the rainbow bridge on July 3, 2023, so it's now one dog and the wife.

Wife is retired, I work full-time remote in the IT field.

We use Starlink for our primary Internet, Verizon hotspot for our primary backup, T-Mobile hotspot for our secondary backup, and AT&T for our tertiary backup.

I have a love/hate relationship with my truck's 48 gallon fuel tank. I love the 400+ miles I can drive without having to stop to full up. I HATE dropping between $150.00-$300.00 to fill the sucker up!

All in all, we love full-timing as we get to see the country! Have no set plans for stopping. We are also visiting states we might want to live in when we are done.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    ... We are also visiting states we might want to live in when we are done.
    That was our plan eight years ago... haven't found "the place," yet. Looks like it will have more to do with proximity to grandkids and health care than anything else, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    That was our plan eight years ago... haven't found "the place," yet. Looks like it will have more to do with proximity to grandkids and health care than anything else, though.

Rob
    In the mean time, enjoy the road! At least, that's the "plan"!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just joined the ranks as "most timers". We pulled our rig from MN to TX via CA, NV, AZ and NM visiting friends and family along the way. We spent 3 nights at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta enjoying an almost overwhelming experience. We are work camping at Redbud Ranch RV Resort in Hutto, TX. Lord willing, we will return to MN in May via "don't know yet". I understand it's a nice route.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    We just joined the ranks as "most timers". We pulled our rig from MN to TX via CA, NV, AZ and NM visiting friends and family along the way. We spent 3 nights at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta enjoying an almost overwhelming experience. We are work camping at Redbud Ranch RV Resort in Hutto, TX. Lord willing, we will return to MN in May via "don't know yet". I understand it's a nice route.
    Sounds good.
    Can you give some details about going to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta?

Thanks, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Sounds good.
    Can you give some details about going to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta?

Thanks, KEN
    Parking your rig in the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta park is the best way to see all the events without having to spend hours in line to get in. Sites open for reservations in January and they go fast, in about 2 hours. There are 4 campgrounds to choose from, so you need to know which ones are your highest priority. Tickets for daily events go on sale in April or you can buy them at the park. For example, we were in the VIP West campground for 3 nights and the site came with 2 event tickets.($355 for 3 nights) We purchased 4 more event tickets at the park. You need one ticket per person for each morning or evening event. Camping is rally style with just enough space for one vehicle. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would go again.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    Parking your rig in the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta park is the best way to see all the events without having to spend hours in line to get in. Sites open for reservations in January and they go fast, in about 2 hours. There are 4 campgrounds to choose from, so you need to know which ones are your highest priority. Tickets for daily events go on sale in April or you can buy them at the park. For example, we were in the VIP West campground for 3 nights and the site came with 2 event tickets.($355 for 3 nights) We purchased 4 more event tickets at the park. You need one ticket per person for each morning or evening event. Camping is rally style with just enough space for one vehicle. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would go again.
    Thanks for the details. We will need to look in to this sometime in the future. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are Daniel and Jennifer been fulltime for 1 1/2 years but just bought a 2020 Reflection 337RLS 5er this past april, we tow it with our 2020 Ram 2500 Diesel. getting ready to outfit it with solar and already have 400AH of lithium and putting in a 3000watt inverter. Right now we are in Mesa, AZ for the winter.

We are in our late 30s and never bought a house and was tired of renting and paying someone else’s mortgage so our first RV we bought was a 2000 northwood nash 5th wheel lived in it for the year until we found a great price on the Reflection we have now and own it outright.
    Last edited by DanandJen; 10-31-2023 at 09:35 AM. Reason: added more to the post

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanandJen View Post
    We are Daniel and Jennifer been fulltime for 1 1/2 years but just bought a 2020 Reflection 337RLS 5er this past april, we tow it with our 2020 Ram 2500 Diesel. getting ready to outfit it with solar and already have 400AH of lithium and putting in a 3000watt inverter. Right now we are in Mesa, AZ for the winter.

We are in our late 30s and never bought a house and was tired of renting and paying someone else’s mortgage so our first RV we bought was a 2000 northwood nash 5th wheel lived in it for the year until we found a great price on the Reflection we have now and own it outright.
    Welcome to the forum, plenty of full-timers here. Let us know if you need help with anything.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast