User Tag List

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys we have been full timing since November 1st and we started in a Jayco travel trailer but quickly realized it was too small and not built for the full time lifestyle. We wanted to get a Solitude but that meant getting a new truck also. Then we found the GD Reflection 150 series and checked the weights and my current truck can tow it. So we bought a GD Reflection 150 Series 295RL and have been totally thrilled with the purchase. We are currently in Alabama and going to Florida next week for a couple of months.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retired on Sept. 12 in San Diego and we left the same day in our Grand Design Momentum 376TH. Went to Colorado, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Ark, and are now in Texas until Mar. then an long journey via the east coast, headed back to Rapid City for our summer workamping job.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! New to the forum, not new to Grand Design! In mid April 2016, my husband was offered a new job as contract (mechanical) engineer that would require travel. He was hired on a Friday and they wanted him at the job on a Monday, giving us one weekend to get supplies together to get him started! The job took him out of Missouri to Alabama and each contract is roughly a year in a different place. We didn't want to spend our marriage apart, so I frantically readied the house for the market. It sold before it was even listed with a semi quick close, so then I spent the remainder of the time selling everything we owned in the house, storing only family momentos and our college kids' furniture in a storage facility until they got a place of their own. In late May 2016, we took delivery at the dealer and went to RV school (as I called it) before we took our new house on the road! The timing couldn't have been better as our oldest was well established in college, and the youngest graduated high school and was on her way to college as well.

We chose the Momentum 376TH for the cozy living inside and the garage under the bed outside. It was absolutely perfect for us, going from almost 2700sqft to under 500 essentially. We were able to store things in all the outdoor storage space and use the garage as a storage unit instead of a toy garage. We've been in it roughly a year and a half and only had very minor issues. We are currently in STL, MO and roughed it through a couple of negative degree temps and it worked like a champ. I am not a fan of the toy haulers because our lifestyle requires more kitchen space than they usually have, but this one was a pleasant surprise and we have enjoyed every minute of it.

We are currently considering making a trade down to the Solitude, which we had originally decided we wanted but the 2016 models didn't have much in the way of outdoor storage. We have downsized even more, realizing we still brought more than we NEED, and are currently looking into having our own unit built from the factory for us. After being in our unit, there's very little we need to change and the things we are looking for, we didn't realize we missed or needed until much later. With that said, even after searching out other options for FT units, we keep coming back to GD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Everyone,
    I have recently passed the inaugural "one year" mark as a full timer in my 2017 GD2150RB.. I'm having a blast!
    I've been monitoring this site all year and it's been a great source.
    So here i am.
    I'm Looking forward to meeting my fellow GD'ers out there.
    I am currently living in beautiful Canby, Oregon..near the banks of the Mollala river.
    I spend my vacation time on the Deschuttes river flyfishing..
    Ive done all my own upgrades from fantastic fans to a hard start kit in my A/C.
    Have a great day everyone... I'll be around!

Racer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We started our fulltime adventure April 1st 2018. Our home is mostly cleaned out and up for sale. Staying at The Resort at Masseys Landing Delaware, till Oct 28th. 3 Rally's are on the schedule: TN next week, Goshen IN, and East here. Haven't planned where to winter yet. Cathy retired in March, and I'm still working from home, where ever that may be.
    2022 Soitude 390RK-R GMC Denali
    Haoview camera system; Traxx automatic Water softer; RVLock V4.0 Keyless Entry; RV; Comfort System "Cheap Heat"; Dometic 510 Toilet; Eurgeen Small Dehumidifier; Bluonics RO water filter; AP 24-1002 Propane Tank Gas Level Indicator

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow I can't believe I didn't see this thread.

Well I've been on this forum since October and have posted about a million times so I guess it's time to post a few slightly more personal details...

My name is Ed and my wife is Karla. We went full time a month ago, but really 2 weeks ago because the first 2 weeks we were stuck in Texas just waiting for our solar/lithium setup to get installed.
    So it's been 2 weeks of actually living "on the road". We've camped out in Texas, New Mexico and Colorado so far, making our way to Seattle to spend the Summer up there.
    The camping spots just seem to get better and better the further NW we travel!
    There is a huge learning curve that's for sure and the first week was 75% stress 25% fun. Now it's finally starting to flip flop the other way.
    We own a couple of online businesses so we're able to generate income remotely and just work a few hours a week.
    I'm from Dallas originally, spent a few years in the Navy and the last 15 years in IT.
    My wife is from Miami and spent most of her career after college working in the legal field.
    We've been married 5 years and neither of us ever had any children so it's just the two of us on this crazy adventure.
    We're also a little younger than most of the folks we meet on the road, I just turned 51 and Karla is 47.

Well, we're camped out in Kirtland NM right now, heading for Moab Utah tomorrow morning!
    Neither one of us has ever been there but we have heard a lot about it.

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Wow I can't believe I didn't see this thread.

Well I've been on this forum since October and have posted about a million times so I guess it's time to post a few slightly more personal details...

My name is Ed and my wife is Karla. We went full time a month ago, but really 2 weeks ago because the first 2 weeks we were stuck in Texas just waiting for our solar/lithium setup to get installed.
    So it's been 2 weeks of actually living "on the road". We've camped out in Texas, New Mexico and Colorado so far, making our way to Seattle to spend the Summer up there.
    The camping spots just seem to get better and better the further NW we travel!
    There is a huge learning curve that's for sure and the first week was 75% stress 25% fun. Now it's finally starting to flip flop the other way.
    We own a couple of online businesses so we're able to generate income remotely and just work a few hours a week.
    I'm from Dallas originally, spent a few years in the Navy and the last 15 years in IT.
    My wife is from Miami and spent most of her career after college working in the legal field.
    We've been married 5 years and neither of us ever had any children so it's just the two of us on this crazy adventure.
    We're also a little younger than most of the folks we meet on the road, I just turned 51 and Karla is 47.

Well, we're camped out in Kirtland NM right now, heading for Moab Utah tomorrow morning!
    Neither one of us has ever been there but we have heard a lot about it.

Ed
    Seattle is one of the worst traffic areas in the West. Portland, Oregon too. I-5 in Oregon is pretty boring once you pass Eugene ( We live in the Eugene / Springfield area ).
    Utah has some very unique scenery. You might not want to leave.

Safe travels, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Ed
    Seattle is one of the worst traffic areas in the West. Portland, Oregon too. I-5 in Oregon is pretty boring once you pass Eugene ( We live in the Eugene / Springfield area ).

Safe travels, KEN
    Ditto on southern Utah. We spent 6 weeks last year getting across the southern parks there. Truly beautiful and well worth whatever time you can afford.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Left The Driveway Carp375RES2019's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, We've been full timing on and off since 2007. First in our 2006 Keystone Challenger (3slides) and now our new 2019 Solitude 375RES (5 slides). Learning all over again figuring out what to do when the frig beeps and gets an error message and how come it smells like eggs after draining the dishwater, even after the tanks have been emptied and flushed. Drives us crazy and hoping this too shall pass. lol

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Ed

Safe travels, KEN
    Thanks guys, we kind of breezed through Utah, it was nice, but unusually warm, and we're trying to hurry up and get to cooler weather.
    We're spending a couple weeks in the Bend area right now, and toured Crater Lake yesterday, which was mind-blowing!
    Once we're done here we're going to keep heading West to the coast then cruise and camp our way up 101 along the Oregon coast.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast