User Tag List

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been aware of this thread for over four years, now, and don't know why I didn't chime in when we hit the road. We've been full-time in our Reflection 337 since 1 August 2015 and have about 27,000 miles under the keel. We have logged 178 stays (several near family and health providers with multiple stays) in 22 states. Our longest stays in one place have been at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD (6 grandkids in the area), Las Cruces, NM (my family), Augusta, GA (health providers and a couple of surgeries), and a month each of the first two springs at our favorite Escapees park at Jojoba Hills in Aguanga, CA. We've had lots of great adventures and are still enjoying the lifestyle very much. We plan to continue as long as health and circumstances permit. We know what we want to do when we come off the road - we just don't know where or when, yet.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I've been aware of this thread for over four years, now, and don't know why I didn't chime in when we hit the road. We've been full-time in our Reflection 337 since 1 August 2015 and have about 27,000 miles under the keel. We have logged 178 stays (several near family and health providers with multiple stays) in 22 states. Our longest stays in one place have been at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD (6 grandkids in the area), Las Cruces, NM (my family), Augusta, GA (health providers and a couple of surgeries), and a month each of the first two springs at our favorite Escapees park at Jojoba Hills in Aguanga, CA. We've had lots of great adventures and are still enjoying the lifestyle very much. We plan to continue as long as health and circumstances permit. We know what we want to do when we come off the road - we just don't know where or when, yet.

Rob
    Rob
    How do you know you have logged 178 stays? Do you do a spread sheet or a log book?
    Thanks, KEN
    Not full time yet, but waiting.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Rob
    How do you know you have logged 178 stays? Do you do a spread sheet or a log book?
    Thanks, KEN
    Not full time yet, but waiting.
    Yes - I keep a spreadsheet log book with columns for Travel Date, Destination/Event, Travel Miles (for that leg), Nights, Tires (miles), Bearings (miles), Suspension (miles), Total Rig Miles and Notes. All of the numerical fields except the date, travel miles and notes are auto-calculated from the travel date and travel miles.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mstschreck View Post
    JCZhome I see you haven't been to my neck of the woods. If you ever head toward PA let me know. We summer near lake Erie, there is much to see.

Throw me a bone....tell me what there is in your area? We have talked about going to check out Va. and WV. We're spending the winter exploring southern Ariz. and then on to Buena Vista, Colorado (centrally located so something in every direction) for a workamping job for the summer (10 hrs. each for our space and full hook ups).

Talking about going back to Florida next winter and then the northeast the summer after that.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! We are Steve & Tara Smiley! Our Fulltime Journey started Feb.6th, 2019, the day we had closing on our home!! Eventually we need to make it out to Box Elder SD to get our residency , so will try and be out there by middle or end of April. Hopefully we will meet some of you on our long awaited Adventure!!!
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve & Tara just a suggestion.....when you go to Box Elder, I would suggest staying in an RV Park other than at Americas Mailbox. It's strictly a utilitarian RV park, not very attractive at all and absolutely no amenities at all. We stayed at an RV park just west of Rapid City (about 5 miles away) that was much nicer, had views and just a few bucks more. Get the RV park receipt in both of your legal names and take it with you to Americas Mailbox the next morning, along with your vehicle registrations, insurance cards, etc.

Then try to spend some time there in the area. There is so much to do there in the Black Hills. We were there for three months and still didn't get everything done so we still have a list of things to do when we go back this year.

If you'd like suggestions for RV parks, let us know?

Go to the Grand Design Rallies facebook group or on this forum and find a rally or two to go to. You will meet many other Grand Design full timers at these rallies. There's one the middle of next month in Las Vegas, one in June in Missouri that we'll be at and another in Colorado in Aug and the big one in Indiana in Aug also. We'll be at all of these and maybe another one or two.
    Last edited by JCZhome; 02-17-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsmiley72 View Post
    Hi! We are Steve & Tara Smiley! Our Fulltime Journey started Feb.6th, 2019, the day we had closing on our home!! Eventually we need to make it out to Box Elder SD to get our residency , so will try and be out there by middle or end of April. Hopefully we will meet some of you on our long awaited Adventure!!!
    Welcome to your new lifestyle. We did the same thing almost 5 years ago, though we domicile out of Texas. As already stated, if you’ve not been in the SD area before, spend time there. It’s a beautiful area with lots to do and see. Enjoy!

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Yes - I keep a spreadsheet log book with columns for Travel Date, Destination/Event, Travel Miles (for that leg), Nights, Tires (miles), Bearings (miles), Suspension (miles), Total Rig Miles and Notes. All of the numerical fields except the date, travel miles and notes are auto-calculated from the travel date and travel miles.

Rob
    We also keep a similar log of locations, stays, miles traveled, rig mileage, tire mileage, etc. We've pulled our rig 38,000 miles since we headed out in August of 2014. In addition my wife keeps a diary of where we stayed, what we did in each location, churches we've attended, etc. That along with pictures and we can bore the neighbors ad infinitum! ;-)
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone!!! very excited!
    Steve & Tara Smiley
    2014 3500 HD Silverado
    2017 Reflection 27RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long-Time Campers, Newly Full Time😊

Hello! Ron and Lynn from New Hampshire here. We just went full time on November 1, 2018. Sold the house we built in 1978, and the family business we started in 1994, and headed south from in our little 2012 Open Range 345RL. We had Honed our search down to the 2019 Grand Design Solitude 375 after having researched dozens of manufacturers and RVs, and found the exact one we would have ordered; full body paint, upgraded axles, insulated windows, etc., on a lot in Alabama. Ordered for someone else who backed out of the deal. We anticipated the typical new rig bugs, but even our local Grand Design dealer (same large company, but dealer in different State) was astounded at the laundry list of problems we were having. Not the least of which was the fact that it did NOT have the upgraded axles that the salesperson and her manager assured us it did. We also don’t think it went through their much-touted quality control process, as there were literally dozens of fit and finish issues, some not so minor, that should have been caught in any QC program, as well as things that just plain don’t work. We are near the factory for a week or two and are hoping to take the tour and see if we can get a little help to remedy some of our issues.

Sorry about the rant, probably not the right thread for it! We do love the layout of the Solitude 375, and full timing! Will be super happy if we can get some help from Grand Design to fix our issues!

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast