User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Jim & Kate it is always a good thing to verify and confirm anything that an RV salesman tells you. It seems they went to the same school as car salesman of just a couple of decades ago.

We had dual pane in my previous Arctic Fox. I negotiated to take the unit that was on their lot and they would order the dual pane windows to replace all windows (it was only a 28' 5th wheel, so not many windows) but my point is that I was able to experience the exact same unit first without dual pane and then with dual pane and so I am convinced from experience that the difference is worth it! It seems that those that have never had them will repeat old stories from 10-20 yrs. ago and tell you that you don't need them. But those that have had dual pane windows previously will tell you that they're worth it and you should order your rig with them.

I never had any problems with mine leaking and I was in the mountains often with my Arctic Fox. I've never heard of them leaking water inside the rig and not sure why they would if they're installed correctly.

I don't understand why dealerships do not order their rigs with dual pane windows, either. I believe they'd sale them if they had them. But since they don't have them, the salesman are going to try to convince you to buy without dual pane so they can sell you a unit off of their lot.

JMHO
    I totally agree every higher end Toy hauler should have 3 things (in my opinion):
    1. Dual pane windows
    2. Generator
    3. King bed.
    Of note my rear door side window had water in it when I took delivery. From my observation it’s nearly impossible to get water into the rig in double pane windows leak. Funny story....the dealership called me to say they couldn’t find a leak into my RV. I told them again even though I wrote down water in the double pane window. They went back and realized they had filled the pane....how do you miss that lol.
    Last edited by RVLife68; 04-17-2019 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Poor cut and paste.
    2018 F-350 6.7L diesel SRW CCSB Lariat with OEM rolling tonneau
    Pullrite Superglide OE Series #2914, Titan 55Gal Tank(midship)
    2018 Momentum 354 M-Class no mods yet.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the insights on DPW

Shout out to all those who commented on the thread. Helped make the decision easier. Our salesman said DPW are a waste and offer little in efficiency. We had dual windows in an Arctic Fox 30u a few trailers back and really liked them. We have a piece of ground overlooking a lake in Western Montana. Elevation is over 7,000 feet. The Arctic Fox was much warmer and comfortable than the Open Range that replaced it. We decided to order a new 2930rl S class and went with dual pane. We will update this thread after we have some experience with the unit.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading through the comments, I decided to go do some more research. I learned that not every RV dual pane window is created equally - even if they were made by the same manufacturer. The windows range from the "two pieces of glass with a little air in between" to the insulated 8600 series Lippert windows GD installs in the 2020 Solitudes (when optioned). In other words, there will be differences in thermal characteristics and performance between the different types/levels of windows. Blanket statements about "all" RV dual pane windows are neither informative nor helpful.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good reading ... being fairly new to camping I have to say single pane windows have served us well .... we camp mostly Fl/GA with a few longer trips ... some cold days no issues just running fireplace for heat easy to keep up ... many hot days 95 plus never a problem maintaining as cool as I want ... would never have a camper without 2 a/c's ... the continuous front to back duct seems very effective ... we always make every effort to book shady sites ... all of our camping has been in our Rockwood we are trading for the new S Class 2930RL ... the comfort level in the Rockwood vwas great and we expect as good or better in the S Class ... if not for the floor plan in the Rockwood we would have kept it but the 2930RL really pushed all the buttons ... and lastly less weight is always better ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234