User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    progress. All the heavy DC wiring is in. Need to secure the batteries now and protect the terminals, then that is done. Plenty of room for 2 more battleborns next to these, should the need arise. I think I have figured out what I am going to do about the AC shorepower line now too. I pulled the power distribution block today, and there is enough wire put put a breaker and junction box in where the factory converter sits.

The orange wire is the 10ga shore power connection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190518_103707.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	20164

Name:	20190518_152240.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	20165
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been thinking whether to cover my batteries or add lug protectors.
    Found I have a battery terminal protector that is from a Blue Sea 2003 PowerPost.

It looks to be the same size that QuickCable and Remy Battery sells.
    Checked its fit on left over 2/0 wire and lug.
    Thinking I may slit the inner side & slip over the battery cables and ty rap on.
    I may double up where I have 2 cables on a battery lug.

Name:	Battery Lug Protector on 00 Cable DSCF4032.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	20179Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery Protector on 00 Cable DSCF4029.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	20180
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Been thinking whether to cover my batteries or add lug protectors.
    Found I have a battery terminal protector that is from a Blue Sea 2003 PowerPost.

It looks to be the same size that QuickCable and Remy Battery sells.
    Checked its fit on left over 2/0 wire and lug.
    Thinking I may slit the inner side & slip over the battery cables and ty rap on.
    I may double up where I have 2 cables on a battery lug.
    Hi Gene, thanks for the post. I think I am going to end up doing both. Some form of cover over the lugs as well as a simple cover over the batteries. My reason is my pass-through will get used for a lot of other stuff, and even though they won't short, I still want to protect the investment from a chair being thrown at them if the rain comes suddenly for example.

I did make a little more progress today. The BMV-712 is now in and operational. What a great device.

Name:	2019-05-19.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	20181

I had some left over wood from another modification to the shoe storage area, so stained up a nice piece and threw some 90 degree angle brackets on it to make a nice mounting piece.

Name:	20190519_141908.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	20182

It sits where we should be able to get the BT signal from anywhere. That long wire certainly needs to go. I end up using about 5% of it.

Name:	Screenshot_20190519-141234.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	20183

The initial settings are in, just need to get a full charge on the battery and re-sync the SOC and we should be good to go.

The wire and one of the breakers showed up today, so the next phase will be shifting over to the AC side.
    Last edited by jh.xsnrg; 05-19-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm doing this same set up as you. How did you wire up the DC side from the 30 Amp Resettable breaker? I assume you wire the jack and Break-away cable direct to the battery. What do you do with the other wires on the breaker? I will disconnect the solar wire and run it to a Victron Solar controller. What do you do with the DC Trailer Plug wire that comes in from the tow vehicle?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kc7mjk View Post
    I'm doing this same set up as you. How did you wire up the DC side from the 30 Amp Resettable breaker? I assume you wire the jack and Break-away cable direct to the battery. What do you do with the other wires on the breaker? I will disconnect the solar wire and run it to a Victron Solar controller. What do you do with the DC Trailer Plug wire that comes in from the tow vehicle?
    I removed the wire that ran from the factory battery, and ran my own fused (heavier) wire to the breaker from the front pass-through. I did this so that all the factory wiring is still used and stays in place. The downside to not replacing some of it up to the fuse box is you still have the current limitations that causes the lights to flicker when the water pump runs (same as factory). I may rewire that at some point, but doesn't bother us enough that it is a must have. This is a super simple way to do the DC side though, as the wiring to the tow vehicle does not change either.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK...I think I got it. So I disconnect the 8 gauge red wire from the circuit breaker that went to the converter and are not using the factory cut off switch...or are you still using it? I will take the white/red striped wire (Solar Port) and wire to my Victron Solar Charger now located next to Victron inverter in pass through. Leave the black wire from TV on the left side of breaker and the red wire from the jack and the black wire from brake-away on the right side...then run a wire from the right side of breaker direct to battery. All the ground wires go to the Shunt.

Name:	TR Wire Box.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	22046

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My configuration is simpler in that it basically just swaps the front battery for the bank in the pass-through. The only cable that changed from that perspective is the one that connected to the auto-breaker from the dealer installed battery (and its negative of course). I ended up mixing up posts and put the nearly finished pictures over here:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post239520

You can see the hole in the floor that I pass the cables from the terminal blocks down to the factory wiring below the trailer.

Here is the underside wiring with the new heavier cables coming in from the battery bank.

Name:	20190605_230140.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	22047

Jim
    Last edited by jh.xsnrg; 08-19-2019 at 09:43 AM. Reason: added picture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that I've not seen mentioned about the Multiplus is the rapid charge. With the Battleborn's you will really come to appreciate how they can suck down the current provided by a good charger as compared to lead acids or a lesser quality charger. On poor solar days I do not have to run the generator in my Momentum for very long to bring my bank of Battleborns up to 100% using the Multiplus. You will likely need to play a bit with the charge current setting to learn what current limits you need for different scenarios. When plugged in at home I am on a standard 15 amp outlet with a bunch of cord so I limit to 5-8 amps. When on the generator or RV park 50amp shore power I crank it up much higher (usually 40-50 amps). Lower resistance in the LiPos is pretty awesome for quickly getting charged back up.
    2020 Momentum 349M
    2016 Ram 3500 SRW with AISIN tranny

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to confirm how much current the Multiplus can draw. I had my Victron Digital Multi Control set at 30 amps and failed to adjust it when I went on to a 15 amp circuit. After a few minutes "Bulk" charging I heard the circuit breaker open. Dialed the DMC back to 12 amps figuring 80% of the available circuit would be safe. It finished charging with no additional issues. This is a great feature of the Multiples / DMC combination.

Quote Originally Posted by chadskidmore View Post
    One thing that I've not seen mentioned about the Multiplus is the rapid charge. With the Battleborn's you will really come to appreciate how they can suck down the current provided by a good charger as compared to lead acids or a lesser quality charger. On poor solar days I do not have to run the generator in my Momentum for very long to bring my bank of Battleborns up to 100% using the Multiplus. You will likely need to play a bit with the charge current setting to learn what current limits you need for different scenarios. When plugged in at home I am on a standard 15 amp outlet with a bunch of cord so I limit to 5-8 amps. When on the generator or RV park 50amp shore power I crank it up much higher (usually 40-50 amps). Lower resistance in the LiPos is pretty awesome for quickly getting charged back up.
    2017 Ford F-150 3.5 liter EcoBoost
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got my install done on my Imagine 2500RL. I'm running (2) Battle Born Batteries under the bed and Victron Multiplus and Solar Charger in the pass through. I'm using two 100 watt suitcase solar panels wired in series. Everything works great. Thanks for the feedback and inspiration to go for it.

Name:	System.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	22213

Name:	BB Batts Under Bed.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	22214

Name:	Remote.jpg