User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broke wires to WIF sensor on GMC LBZ. Leave as is?

While I was rebuilding the primer on the fuel filter, I managed to shear of the wires to the WIF on my '07 GMC Dmax LBZ.

In 250K miles I have never had a WIF code or found water when changing the filter. There are a number of people who have deleted the WIF. Still because a bunch of people have deleted the WIF does not make it a good idea.

Have you deleted your WIF or have a horror story of someone who did?

It would not be that big of an issue except I am leaving in a few days and I am not sure if I can find one locally or not.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaAnon View Post
    While I was rebuilding the primer on the fuel filter, I managed to shear of the wires to the WIF on my '07 GMC Dmax LBZ.

In 250K miles I have never had a WIF code or found water when changing the filter. There are a number of people who have deleted the WIF. Still because a bunch of people have deleted the WIF does not make it a good idea.

Have you deleted your WIF or have a horror story of someone who did?

It would not be that big of an issue except I am leaving in a few days and I am not sure if I can find one locally or not.
    Fuel system components are lubricated by the fuel they deliver. If the day occurs that you do get a load of water, you will be grateful to have the sensor working. IMO I would repair it as soon as possible so its functioning.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4