User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CO & Propane Detector

Twice over the last part of our trip home the CO/Propane detector decided to go into alarm mode. Man is that thing loud. The thing is there wasn't an lp leak nor were we creating CO (no gas appliance burning).
    So, after I pull the fuse, it's on the furnace circuit I find out by trial & error, I look it up in the owner's manual and online. We don't have the owner's pamphlet in our package of manuals from purchase.
    Just a heads up, these things by Safe-T-Alert, MTI Industries are good for 5 years. Our camper is going on its 6th anniversary.
    So we found the exact replacement through Walmart online, a lot cheaper than through MTI.
    Of course if yours starts alarming, first air out the place and make sure it's not a valid alert. If your camper's over 5 years you might want to think about replacing it before it wakes you out of a dead sleep.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep , been there done that. If it was not screwed to the wall on previous TT I would have just ripped it right out. Not nice in the middle of the night.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had two of them go bad before there time. The first one I could reset. I started going off the first night about 2:30 am, the second night 2:45 am, the third night at 3:0 thats when CUT the wires. Replaced it with a battery one, it was only three years old. The latest one was in our 2016 Momentum it was only 2 years old I was nicer when it started going off it was 6:00 am, and it only did it twice, before it got it's wires cut. replaced it too.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane Detector

Of course these goofty things do not decide to alarm during daylight hours. They must have internal clocks that only allow nuisance alarms between the hours of midnight and 6:00 am.
    After two failures, I gave up on the more of the same and upgraded to a better model offered by Safe-T-Alert.
    That was two years ago, and so far so good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TECHNICAL BULLETIN.pdf   IMG_20170815_155153.jpg   Copy of 40_Series.pdf  
    Peggy and Jamey Matheny
    2016 Grand Design Solitude 5th Wheel 369RL Serial #G1104808
    As of 19 April 2019, 792 nights and 23,887 trailer miles.
    2015 Ford F-250 4X4 Super Cab SRW 148" WB 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2825Matheny View Post
    Of course these goofty things do not decide to alarm during daylight hours. They must have internal clocks that only allow nuisance alarms between the hours of midnight and 6:00 am.
    After two failures, I gave up on the more of the same and upgraded to a better model offered by Safe-T-Alert.
    That was two years ago, and so far so good.
    Keep in mind this is Propane only not CO and Propane like Toms.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Keep in mind this is Propane only not CO and Propane like Toms.
    Correct.
    Our Co and smoke detectors are stand-alone units and they are integrated into our security system. If either one alarms, we get a text message and an email.
    The combination units are known to have a high number if nuisance alarms.
    That is one reason I favor having dedicated units for each purpose.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Peggy and Jamey Matheny
    2016 Grand Design Solitude 5th Wheel 369RL Serial #G1104808
    As of 19 April 2019, 792 nights and 23,887 trailer miles.
    2015 Ford F-250 4X4 Super Cab SRW 148" WB 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel