User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Progressive HW50C Install (310GK)

As promised, here is the install on the HW50C specific to a GD Solitude 310GK.
    I know there are competing thought on IF this is actually necessary but I feel it is worth the $ and effort to ensure we are protected. I also prefer it installed inside so I don't ever have to worry about the protector being swiped!

1. The unit as shipped came with everything I needed except for screws to mount to floor (I had some spare and the deck looks like 3/4" sheet so no prob screwing in)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	19390

2. Location was easy! Removed the lowest shelf in pantry, and lo and behold the 50A line entered from there. Lots of space to mount unit. (As a matter of fact this may be a great secret hidy hole if moded correctly. (Later project for sure)

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	19391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	19392

3. Prepped the wire, crimped ground on, installed in box. Directions were quite simple to follow, however putting the sensors correctly on wires was a bitt of a pain!

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	19393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	19394

4. (Pics not uploading properly now, so Ill post in follow up)
    Connected the remote display, powered up from shore to test that it read correctly. All good!

5. Slightly filed the top case area on the solar controller (side of cabinet) to accommodate the phone cord style line for remote display, fished wire back through to lower pantry area. I wanted this here as when I connect to shore power, I can simply look through the door and see that everything is ok, including solar charge.

6. Secured everything in place, reattached shelf in pantry, and final image shows placement from door opening.

Don't much like working with 50A cabling... that stuff is thick and stiff! However I can now rest easy with full home protection!
    Cheers!
    Ryan.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here are additional pics..

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	19395Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	19396Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	19397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	19398

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystudiois View Post
    As promised, here is the install on the HW50C specific to a GD Solitude 310GK.
    I know there are competing thought on IF this is actually necessary but I feel it is worth the $ and effort to ensure we are protected. I also prefer it installed inside so I don't ever have to worry about the protector being swiped!
    Ryan--nice job! Easily one of the first mods I'd do again if I ever got another RV. Well worth the time and effort--congrats on a job well done.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)