User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 351 needing help

I have new 2019 351 smelled little propane drivers side as well. on way home from dealer living room tv fell off the wall. Turned around went back to dealer fixed tv bracket that was not mounted to studs. But told me little smell is normal? they applied soap suds all over it no leaks. Convinced me it ok.
    leaving in the am and turned on propane to cool fridge. same smell moments ago. it go away when you open bay door drivers side. any help or ideas. My first fifth wheel and first 4 day trip. we did spend one day at local rv park in Memphis but temps dropped to 20's again had to learn how to winterize my first day waking up. Should have waited to buy another month. thanks in advance. Kevin

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin

Welcome to the forum. I moved your post out here on its own.

You should never smell propane any where at any time.
    That being said, there have been some leaky regulator , the silver unit on the inside of the propane door on the back side wall. This is where all the propane connections connect before the propane is sent to the appliances that require it. This regulates the pressure to a low level for the appliances. You can give this a check yourself with a little dish soap in a spray bottle with water. Turn you propane on and spray the mixture onto all fittings and around the top of the regulator.

Give this a check if you can and let us know what you find. Also make sure the hose is tight on the top of the cylinder.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin43 View Post
    I have new 2019 351 smelled little propane drivers side as well. on way home from dealer living room tv fell off the wall. Turned around went back to dealer fixed tv bracket that was not mounted to studs. But told me little smell is normal? they applied soap suds all over it no leaks. Convinced me it ok.
    leaving in the am and turned on propane to cool fridge. same smell moments ago. it go away when you open bay door drivers side. any help or ideas. My first fifth wheel and first 4 day trip. we did spend one day at local rv park in Memphis but temps dropped to 20's again had to learn how to winterize my first day waking up. Should have waited to buy another month. thanks in advance. Kevin
    Kevin,
    Welcome to the forum. First post and you've already become a site sponsor--thanks!

I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to propane, but if you can smell propane there's a leak. A propane leak is NOT OK or normal. I advise getting your dealer to look at it again until they find and fix the problem.

If you enter "propane" in the white rectangular search box (near the top right of this page) and click the small magnifying glass icon, there are multitudes of threads on propane-related issues. Maybe you'll find one that matches your symptoms and you'll be better prepared to confront the service manager at the dealership.

Again, welcome!

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second post of day. Arrived at my destination first trip with 2019 351 momentum. On top of my propane leak i extended my main awning for the first time. Within 10 mins very little wind sprinkling rain, hence the reason for me to extend awning to cook under. the arm colopased by the main door. It looks like metal broke at hinge area and failed. I am dead in water i have no ability to even get that high if i could. I have call to mobile rev repair to fix propane leak tommorow and who knows how much this will cost. I find it hard to believe that this can fail that quick unless it was weak from being extended on the lot? I have learned my unit had all TVs stolen. Speaker boxes pulled from walls behind couch laying on floor with screws pulled through , entry doors will not close unless you dead bolt them. All this first trip. Missing tv in bedroom rep told me that was a option yet package clearly states tv bedroom they just blended the holes in wall paper. So disappointed no heat no stove no awning

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin43 View Post
    Second post of day. Arrived at my destination first trip with 2019 351 momentum. On top of my propane leak i extended my main awning for the first time. Within 10 mins very little wind sprinkling rain, hence the reason for me to extend awning to cook under. the arm colopased by the main door. It looks like metal broke at hinge area and failed. I am dead in water i have no ability to even get that high if i could. I have call to mobile rev repair to fix propane leak tommorow and who knows how much this will cost. I find it hard to believe that this can fail that quick unless it was weak from being extended on the lot? I have learned my unit had all TVs stolen. Speaker boxes pulled from walls behind couch laying on floor with screws pulled through , entry doors will not close unless you dead bolt them. All this first trip. Missing tv in bedroom rep told me that was a option yet package clearly states tv bedroom they just blended the holes in wall paper. So disappointed no heat no stove no awning
    Sounds like you have a poor dealer. All these items should be under warranty , you will have to pay for mobile tech to get there but GD should reimburse you for the rest. Take pictures to document all the problems , send to GD as well as dealer. Have your vin number when calling GD. Be kind , with good explanations and you should receive good help.

Also while on the phone with GD ask them about the build sheet and what was factory installed on the trailer , this will give you the info you need to go to dealer if in fact it came with 2 tv's.

Please keep us informed and let us know if we can help.

Brian

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also moved these posts to your thread started yesterday, this will keep all together.

Brian