User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    For me, simply having a differing political opinion would not be enough either. But when a person explicitly tells me that he does not care for my business, that is an entirely different matter.
    Jeff,

This was the sole reason I also decided to not buy from them. A statement made is such a careless and thoughtless way should be honored until CW realizes their CEO should focus on camping and nothing more.

Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I didn't buy from camping world before nor would I change my habits over one person's political opinion. If he violated the law l I hope they nail his ****** to the jail cell. Same for any politician. I have little tolerance for decades of investigating and no charges, only conspiracy theories. Unfortunately our Jerry Springer mentality as a country favors conspiracy.

People need to stop being such polarized masses with religious dedication to a political party. That is the reason we have grid lock, politicians only need to cater to their base for primary and general elections to be viable. Many will also vote for anyone, so long as the letter at the end of the name matches

We've gerrymandered ourselves into ridiculous left and right slogans and any discussion longer than a headline or against ones confirmation bias gets ignored. Back down the rabbit hole where the only sources confirm what I want to hear!

No one wants to work together to fix anything because they'll lose their taking point.

Complain about stuff, fix nothing, leave a huge mess and then when it's your turn do all the things you complained about while blaming the other side.
    Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must be missing something. I don't remember having an issue with what he said back then so I went back and researched it again. As far as I can tell all he said was if someone is in favor with what has been said in the last couple of days then don't shop at my stores. Referencing what was said about the Charlottesville rally/attack. To the best of my recollection the Presidents early remarks were pretty widely criticized.

Still, probably best not to tell anyone stay away from your business let alone a publicly traded one. But I don't see it as a blanket anti conservative issue.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't buy from camping world before nor would I change my habits over one person's political opinion. If he violated the law l I hope they nail his ****** to the jail cell. Same for any politician. I have little tolerance for decades of investigating and no charges, only conspiracy theories. Unfortunately our Jerry Springer mentality as a country favors conspiracy.

People need to stop being such polarized masses with religious dedication to a political party. That is the reason we have grid lock, politicians only need to cater to their base for primary and general elections to be viable. Many will also vote for anyone, so long as the letter at the end of the name matches

We've gerrymandered ourselves into ridiculous left and right slogans and any discussion longer than a headline or against ones confirmation bias gets ignored. Back down the rabbit hole where the only sources confirm what I want to hear!

No one wants to work together to fix anything because they'll lose their taking point.

Complain about stuff, fix nothing, leave a huge mess and then when it's your turn do all the things you complained about while blaming the other side.
    Amen. couldn't agree more
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know who said what, I rarely listen to the BS anyway, but being Good Sam members seems like I am getting bombarded with sale ad after sale ad from CW. I usually find what I'm looking for cheaper somewhere else.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    I don't know who said what, I rarely listen to the BS anyway, but being Good Sam members seems like I am getting bombarded with sale ad after sale ad from CW. I usually find what I'm looking for cheaper somewhere else.
    I hit unsubscribe to their emails a long, long time ago. No more ads.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    FYI, here's what Snopes says about the controversy, and what was actually said vs what some media reported. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ca...rld-ceo-trump/
    Lots of gray area here as to what was exactly being referred to in the original comments, but definitely not as explicit as some have heard.

Backing away from Politics, before I get myself in trouble with a moderator....

Long ago avoided CW just because of the extreme hard sells and constant barrage of mail, email, phone calls, etc. linked to them. Years later, and I still am fending off the telemarketers for an Alabama time share camp ground because I stupidly took a survey in one of their stores. Just checked out the local Gander, and while they have ramped up their camping/rv area and put a lot of RV units into the parking lot...it is still just CW with a poorer selection of boating/fishing than Gander had before.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friends of ours made the mistake of buying a thor product from camping world. Nothing but trouble with the trailer and no help from cw or thor. They have sold the trailer and will not buy another one they were treated that badly.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    FYI, here's what Snopes says about the controversy, and what was actually said vs what some media reported. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ca...rld-ceo-trump/
    Lots of gray area here as to what was exactly being referred to in the original comments, but definitely not as explicit as some have heard.

Backing away from Politics, before I get myself in trouble with a moderator....

Long ago avoided CW just because of the extreme hard sells and constant barrage of mail, email, phone calls, etc. linked to them. Years later, and I still am fending off the telemarketers for an Alabama time share camp ground because I stupidly took a survey in one of their stores. Just checked out the local Gander, and while they have ramped up their camping/rv area and put a lot of RV units into the parking lot...it is still just CW with a poorer selection of boating/fishing than Gander had before.

Yet all the outrage.

Hey, I don't like camping world for a number of reasons. None of them are about what was said. Many that cite that reason likely don't even know or read the actual quotes. Just outrage, because someone told them to be mad.

Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug.
    Last edited by howson; 04-30-2019 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Removed political commentary.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet all the outrage.

Hey, I don't like camping world for a number of reasons. None of them are about what was said. Many that cite that reason likely don't even know or read the actual quotes. Just outrage, because someone told them to be mad.
    Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug.
    This where either a moderator steps in or I get to respond with my political opinions as well. Not really interested in hearing you spew your thoughts without counterpoint.

I would much rather talk about RVs than listen to more social commentary.
    Last edited by howson; 04-30-2019 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Removed political commentary.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast