User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power Cord Length

Can anyone tell me the length of the power cord that comes with a 2019 315RLTS?
    Also what is the distance from the rear of the trailer to where it plugs into the trailer?
    I forgot to measure this when I was at the dealer & the pedestal will be at the very back of the trailer.

Lou

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadguy View Post
    Also what is the distance from the rear of the trailer to where it plugs into the trailer?
    I forgot to measure this when I was at the dealer & the pedestal will be at the very back of the trailer.

Lou
    It should be a 30 foot Furrion 50 amp power cord. No idea about the distance.

Kevin
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lou
    Lou,
    I moved your post to the Electrical section. Give me a minute and I'll go measure that length for you...

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...what is the distance from the rear of the trailer to where it plugs into the trailer?
    Just under 18' from the power cord connector to the rear of the camper.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At one point I had to purchase a 25' 50 amp extension for my RV. When I bought my new Momentum I got a 36' 50 amp cord. After 2 years of not using the extension I sold it at a rally swap shop. The very next weekend we encountered an off side power pole. I was suddenly dreading selling my extension cord, but after a little wiggling I got it to work. Done? Not. The site we are on today has another off side power connection, go figure. Got it squeezed in, but I am missing my 25' extension cord.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    At one point I had to purchase a 25' 50 amp extension for my RV. When I bought my new Momentum I got a 36' 50 amp cord. After 2 years of not using the extension I sold it at a rally swap shop. The very next weekend we encountered an off side power pole. I was suddenly dreading selling my extension cord, but after a little wiggling I got it to work. Done? Not. The site we are on today has another off side power connection, go figure. Got it squeezed in, but I am missing my 25' extension cord.
    This post makes me want to go out to the garage right now and make my 20' extension cord, I have been putting this project off for a few weeks now.

In my case, I anticipate using the extension to reach the generator which I intend on keeping in the bed of my truck.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use a 30 amp extension cord and 50 to 30 amp adapter. It's a lot less bulk if I really need an extension cord, and I can normally operate just fine on 30 amps.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    This post makes me want to go out to the garage right now and make my 20' extension cord....
    Super big word of caution. When my 50 amp cord shorted out I went and got the Camco replacement adapter. Pretty similar to cord end replacements that I have replaced hundreds of times on extension cords eaten by hedge trimmers and the like. I even went so far as to seal the seams with silicone so it would be semi-water proof. I nearly started a fire with it.

Over time the screw sets worked loose and crossed wires. I thought about redoing it the next time and soldering the connections making it more difficult to break. I bought an inexpensive replacement cord, burned that one and a $300 Surge Guard protector up in some snow melt.

I was done with cheap stuff and DYI cord's. Now I ONLY use manufactured, molded cords. They cost more, but I have gotten way to toasty too many times to mess with it.

Caution: Don't let your connectors lay someplace where they will get wet. Submerged is even worse.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dittos. Had 30A cords from previous TT so keep that as a just in case back up, along with my 30 to 50 adapter for 30A only sites
    Eric and Carolyn
    Louisville KY
    2015 Ford F350
    2019 Reflection 320MKS