User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mopeka tank sensors fyi

we had a 100 gallon tank during our winter in the Pocono area and when we went back to the 30 lb tanks only one sensor would give a reading. It was just over a year old. Replaced batteries, no help.....reached out to manufacturer and this is their response....

note:it worked

On Apr 1, 2019 7:40 AM, Service AP Products wrote:

Adding a pea-sized dab (or just little larger) of dielectric grease/bulb grease/connector grease directly on the sensor pad will assist the system in performance. The reason I mention the dielectric is not all the tanks are made the same. From the paint used, the paint thickness, the curvature of the tank, the pitting of the paint on the tank, etc....there are many variables (more than we realized at first) with these tanks that can come into play. The dielectric grease can help in a couple of ways. The grease is a silicone-based lubricant and therefore, moisture resistant. Once applied to the sensor pad, the grease will provide a moisture barrier around the only area that moisture has an access point on the sensor...around the pad. The most important asset the grease will provide is the ability to help transmit the ultra sound signal from the sensor to the tank's surface, not unlike getting an ultra sound at a hospital. (Please see the photo below)

Inline image OWAPstImg523801

When attaching the sensors to the tank, all the things I mentioned above about the paint and the tanks themselves, come into play. There's also the matter of the sensor pad and the magnets we use to attached the sensor. Because of the curvature of the tank, the magnets can attach themselves to the tank and 'rock' the sensor pad enough to create a small gap between the tank surface and the sensor pad. The dielectric grease will help to fill in any gaps created by this effect. Dielectric grease can comely be found at most local hardware or automotive stores, and comes in a variety of sizes but only a small amount is needed for the application.

Please let us know if this does not resolve your problems with the system as your satisfaction is our upmost concern.

Best Regards!
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim @Jims94vmx ,

It's been almost two years... are you still happy with your Mopeka/AP Products tank sensing system?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Jim @Jims94vmx ,

It's been almost two years... are you still happy with your Mopeka/AP Products tank sensing system?

Rob
    I still like them. One was going through batteries too fast so they sent me a new one. If you don't get a reading, a dab of dielectric grease
    On the sensor works.

BTW, did you do the microwave fix?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    BTW, did you do the microwave fix?
    GD sent me a new convection microwave under warranty and I installed it. I gave the old one to my son-in-law who, in between flying for Southwest, fixes anything and everything. He repaired it and used it to replace their microwave that had duct tape holding part of the door together. He built an experimental aircraft once... I don't think he used any duct tape on that, nor on the 737s he flies.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep a roll of 200 mph duck tape incase I have to repair 737's. Of course you have to double it.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are on the second year of our replaced sensors that were replaced at 2 years 9 months. The old ones would not connect via bluetooth and Mopeka asked for a few pics and sent me news ones almost the next day.
    Love their service and product. I agree with dielectric grease. Works great. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a new 2021 GD 310GK. Both propane tanks sit on steel brackets that extend from the frame. What components would I want to get such that I could monitor both tanks?
    Which sensor? Where do they attach to the tank (ie underside)? Is the Halo required?
    What about a monitor/guage that gets mounted on the inside of the rig....or do you just use the app?
    Sorry for all the questions, however, am new to this technology and would feel more comfortable knowing how much propane we have....
    Thanks

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We have a new 2021 GD 310GK. Both propane tanks sit on steel brackets that extend from the frame. What components would I want to get such that I could monitor both tanks?
    Which sensor? Where do they attach to the tank (ie underside)? Is the Halo required?
    What about a monitor/guage that gets mounted on the inside of the rig....or do you just use the app?
    Sorry for all the questions, however, am new to this technology and would feel more comfortable knowing how much propane we have....
    Thanks
    Mopeka propane tank sensor system. The sensors attach magnetically to the bottom of each tank, there is a wireless receiver that goes in the coach, and an app for your phone, if you choose.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tape mine to the bottom of the tanks as well as taping the open framing that the tank sits on to prevent the sensor from coming off. They work fine. Batteries seems to need replacing about every 8 or 9 months. At least the app shows the battery level too. I like them.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget the dielectric grease when attaching the sensors to the bottom of the tanks.

I put a thick piece of shiny cardboard under each of our tanks. I attached the little monitor in the cabinet with all the switches and sensors.

This has been a great product so far. The first set was replaced after 2 and a half years for free. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast