User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Previously had a dually and boy that are terrible in the winter, pulled one wheel off each side one winter and just looked to dumb to drive around.
    Hi Brian,
    I haven't had any problem with my truck in the snow the last 4 winters.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be a good year to buy a new vehicle. I'm being told the big-3 are gearing up for a bad sales year. That means discounts and incentives to move product.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I am waiting. My dealer is going to let me know when the order bank opens for the 2020. However I am on the fence of another diesel or the new 7.3 gas. Need to drive both to decide.
    The 7.3 gas motor is better suited for someone that's going to tow heavy all the time. Or it's suited for a truck with a heavy body like a utility bed with a cherry picker that's not going to be driven megamiles. If the truck is going to be driven lightly loaded or for regular day to day transportation, the 6.2 will be the better engine. They're designed for different uses.

If I was going to be towing long distances like a full time RVer, I'd go diesel.

I went diesel in 2003, and I seldom tow heavy. Of course my 7.3 diesel Lariat crew cab cost 1/2 the price of a 2019 model. I'm trying to hang on to my truck and make it the last one I ever have to buy--a strong long term value.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12