User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SASS Shooters - How do you store????

The RVs I have owned have always been the biggest SASS accessory I have owned. I love dry camping (as long as I have a genset for the AC...I do live in the South) with all the other pards and pardettes. There is nothing like a Cajun roasting a pig, or stuffed chops and hanging out by the fire until late into the night.

I have an Imagine 2800BH (the one with only one door). One of the things all we SASS types are looking to securely store are our firearms. What have you used?

One of my thought have been one of those contractor tool boxes possibly putting it under the bed. The though part is getting it through the doors.

Most of the long guns are carbine length, but I managed to win two long range rifles in drawings. So far, the pardette has not yet taken a fancy to shooting them yet, but both are sweet rifles.

So ideas?

Part II
    If there is a downside to all these trailers is the lack of long hanging storage for costumes...ok...period wear...and dusters.

If GD is listening I would be nice to have some place to do that, but has anyone else worked out some solution.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderator Note!

Quote Originally Posted by KatrinaAnon View Post
    Moderator note to all whom may respond---keep this thread on topic! Firearm discussions typically go downhill quickly with all kinds of tangent conversations and debates (from all points of view). This is NOT the forum for those debates.

To be perfectly clear: this RV-lifestyle related question and any pertinent responses are welcome, but any that stray off-topic will be summarily removed by the moderators without comment.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at some interior pics of your unit I notice some empty space under the bottom bunk bed. You could possibly get a narrow aluminum sliding tool storage box to fit in this place.
    I am assuming you have kids , having the bunk house , if not you could remodel the bunks to suit some of these needs.

Brian

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long rifles under the bed or in the broom (washer/dryer) closet. Also a good place for ammo storage but be considerate of weight.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I saw awhile back that someone mounted a long gun safe under their bed. Obviously, the more secure, the heavier it will be so the logistics of getting the safe under the bed could be difficult. You could always try to install some gun mounts under the bed to prevent them from moving, but that method doesnt do anything for security of the guns.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I thought I saw awhile back that someone mounted a long gun safe under their bed. Obviously, the more secure, the heavier it will be so the logistics of getting the safe under the bed could be difficult. You could always try to install some gun mounts under the bed to prevent them from moving, but that method doesnt do anything for security of the guns.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This is the thread I recall possibly the one you are thinking about as well......see post #7 from landsharks. I do not recall any other posts/threads for rifles/shotguns with or w/o pictures.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ght=rifle+safe

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you playing along at home who don’t know what SASS Shooting is (like me) it stands for Single Action Shooting Society, also referred to as “Cowboy Shooting”. I’ve been a skeet/trap/sporting clays shooter for years as well as a general firearms enthusiast, but honestly didn’t know what “SASS Shooters” referred to.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the pelican cases myself for a long gun or rifle, and could be stored under the bed. Depends on how many you have and how valuable they are. Quantity would be a problem and value would generally move you into something heavy with a permanent mount. GunVault can be used for the small stuff and can be bolted down. In all cases if the thief wants something bad enough they will get it so a camera system or other type of cellular security system could be used. Thief's really hate lights and cameras and will generally avoid them. I'm traveling next week to camp/hunt with my Dad in a very remote area where I will take one shotgun and one handgun which is not an issue. Every situation is different.

I believe this is on track since the Cowboy shoots include rifle, shotgun and handgun.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    For those of you playing along at home who don’t know what SASS Shooting is (like me) it stands for Single Action Shooting Society, also referred to as “Cowboy Shooting”. I’ve been a skeet/trap/sporting clays shooter for years as well as a general firearms enthusiast, but honestly didn’t know what “SASS Shooters” referred to.
    Thanks for that Jim. I had no idea either. And just for fun, I recently received my Great-Granpa's Model 1897 lever action Winchester that he purchased new in May of 1905. That would be a great gun for cowboy shooting. Now, back to being on topic....

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    I had remembered a little about that thread. It is clever, but really applies more to handgun storage than long guns.

I keep thinking about using the under bunk area and with something like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stack-On-...binet/14710131 with the right kind of internal padding it might work.

All you can really do is delay are make too difficult to for them to take things rapidly. Mostly I rely on no external markings on the RV to attract attention. I do keep them locked but I would like something more secure.

I don't have enough gear that its weight discourages theft.

Storing under the master bed makes more sense since it is closer to the wheels. The other negative about storing in the bunk area is that when the trailer flexes about the axles it could really pitch the firearms up and down inside the safe.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast