User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I'll Introduce Myself :-)

Howdy GD folks.....

As of today, I put down a deposit on a 2019 Reflection 320MKS with addition of king bed and must have 2nd A/C. Been looking at this model for a while and the local dealership couldn't/wouldn't come down to a price that made me want to take the plunge in the last couple of months. Previously, had SOB fifth wheel that I got rid of so I was looking at something I could still pull with my 08' Dodge Dually--it doesn't have the GCWR that the newer generation Dodge's have so it kept me out of the Solitude and Momentum line. Plus, I'm still working so not set on retirement rig yet. I really wanted a Momentum TH, but the 320MKS had all of the essentials I needed without a garage. This past weekend, I sent out several request for best quotes from several dealerships from IN to OK. Coachlight RV, in Carthage, MO provided the best deal and based on the reputation of the dealer on this site, I made the 3.5 hr drive this morning. I met up with Doug and introduced myself. He told me that the units are open and to take all the time I needed to look around and that he'd be out in a little bit to check up on me. The reviews of no pressure sales tactics or rushing you to the paperwork stands true. I was at the dealership for about 45 minutes and spent about 15 of that with Doug--long enough for some idle chit-chat in the RV and to sign over my deposit. It was that quick and easy.....well, I did express an interest in a king bed and Doug said he could make it happen by swapping my queen with a king from a different unit--$175 charge, which is what GD charges dealer for upgrade. I asked what it would take to get a couple of vent covers for the bathroom and kitchen fans--he said he would take care of that.

The price on their website (internet pricing) was what I got when I showed up--nothing changed; other than the unit quoted had 2nd A/C and queen. I selected the upcharge for king by choice. This was a simple process, maybe because I knew what I was going for and already had the price ahead of time, but it was super easy and as advertised. I scheduled PDI and delivery on 8 May along with a night in their campground to run everything through again after PDI. I'm fully expecting the PDI and customer service process to be exactly like others experienced when dealing with Coachlight, so I may not share anything new. If there is something new, I'll be sure to share.

Jumped back in my car and headed home for my 3.5 hr drive back -- lot of driving for a short visit to dealer, but worth it. For the savings compared to local dealer, I'll do it every time. In the mean time, I'm already making plans for a couple of DIY things that I've found on this site--y'all are great with sharing of knowledge and information.

Thanks...

Brian

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First of all, welcome to the forum. There is a ton of good information here. Secondly, congrats on the new rig. I love low sales pressure dealerships.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the fourm congrats from Wv
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the GD family.

The option to spend the night at the local campground after PDI is impressive, wish more would offer this option. We did a thorough inspection but did not find other issues until we actually spent some time in the rig.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PacMan4x4 View Post
    Howdy GD folks.....

As of today, I put down a deposit on a 2019 Reflection 320MKS with addition of king bed and must have 2nd A/C. Been looking at this model for a while and the local dealership couldn't/wouldn't come down to a price that made me want to take the plunge in the last couple of months. Previously, had SOB fifth wheel that I got rid of so I was looking at something I could still pull with my 08' Dodge Dually--it doesn't have the GCWR that the newer generation Dodge's have so it kept me out of the Solitude and Momentum line. Plus, I'm still working so not set on retirement rig yet. I really wanted a Momentum TH, but the 320MKS had all of the essentials I needed without a garage. This past weekend, I sent out several request for best quotes from several dealerships from IN to OK. Coachlight RV, in Carthage, MO provided the best deal and based on the reputation of the dealer on this site, I made the 3.5 hr drive this morning. I met up with Doug and introduced myself. He told me that the units are open and to take all the time I needed to look around and that he'd be out in a little bit to check up on me. The reviews of no pressure sales tactics or rushing you to the paperwork stands true. I was at the dealership for about 45 minutes and spent about 15 of that with Doug--long enough for some idle chit-chat in the RV and to sign over my deposit. It was that quick and easy.....well, I did express an interest in a king bed and Doug said he could make it happen by swapping my queen with a king from a different unit--$175 charge, which is what GD charges dealer for upgrade. I asked what it would take to get a couple of vent covers for the bathroom and kitchen fans--he said he would take care of that.

The price on their website (internet pricing) was what I got when I showed up--nothing changed; other than the unit quoted had 2nd A/C and queen. I selected the upcharge for king by choice. This was a simple process, maybe because I knew what I was going for and already had the price ahead of time, but it was super easy and as advertised. I scheduled PDI and delivery on 8 May along with a night in their campground to run everything through again after PDI. I'm fully expecting the PDI and customer service process to be exactly like others experienced when dealing with Coachlight, so I may not share anything new. If there is something new, I'll be sure to share.

Jumped back in my car and headed home for my 3.5 hr drive back -- lot of driving for a short visit to dealer, but worth it. For the savings compared to local dealer, I'll do it every time. In the mean time, I'm already making plans for a couple of DIY things that I've found on this site--y'all are great with sharing of knowledge and information.

Thanks...

Brian
    Congrats both on the new camper and a well written introductory post.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian

Congrats and welcome to the GD family. Great write up in you intro. Sounds like you got exactly what you wanted.
    Enjoy waiting , haha , and will be looking forward to your input and report on the PDI.

Another Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    REELDIRTYDAWG...That caught my attention in previous searches as well.....a lot of places will let you hook up on a spot on their location, but Coachlight RV has a campground associated with their dealership. Doug mentioned they like to have folks stay a couple of nights, but definitely at least one. That aligns with other reviews from this site and other forums. They want their customers leaving their location with as many issues resolved that they can--hopefully no issues, but we all know how that goes. Too often, dealerships knock out a quick PDI and kick the customer down the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes COUNTRY CAMPERS...everything was spot on from what others described in their write-ups. Thanks for welcome.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the new rig. This is a great forum with oodles of info. Welcome and safe travels.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN