User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P1 need help on one connection

I built it as the pdf suggested. I was double checking all connection points before cutting and removing old panel.

One the directions step one is the question. Try to show in pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InkedNautilus P1 rebuild3_LI.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	19483

what it looks like from factory.....you will see the In from Tank going to the tank fill city and teeing off to the tank fill pump on bottom.

Name:	P1 instructions4.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	19481

the weird part is the in from tank connection only shows it goes to fresh water tank out and comes straight off the panel!

Name:	P1 instructions.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	19482

should i T them together??????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nautilus P1 rebuild3.jpg  
    Last edited by Jims94vmx; 04-19-2019 at 04:22 PM.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim,

I’m not sure that I am understanding the question . . . but, is it possible that the P1 instructions are expecting different lines for filling the water tank and for supplying the water pump . . . and, GDRV uses one line to the tank for both of these functions.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The instructions have a line (White in my pic) fresh water tank "in" going from tank fill city to tank fill pump with a T coming straight out

the difference in factory was actually connecting the tank fill "city" over to the "in from tank" and a T going down to the Tank fill "pump"

Right now i have the "in from tank" connection coming straight from the panel......wondering if i should add a T and run them together?? Hope it makes sense......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim,

I don’t have enough experience with the multi-valve Nautilus panel to add any insight here. What might help is to think through your valving and connections in the terms that Jamey Matheny uses for his “simplified” valving system. 1) Where is the water coming from? and 2) Where do you want the water to go? https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...Matheny-System If all these combinations are covered, any valving system should work.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, every pic i have seen including my own original panel have the 3 points connected, however it is shown on the pdf as 2 points and the other was a separate lead.......so i ended up putting an elbow and a T to connect and made a crossover. glad i took the time to inspect all the points of connection closely yesterday before i pulled the old one out. here is my fix.

Name:	P1 crossover resized.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	19496

Name:	crossover complete resized.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	19497

compared to what pdf shows

Name:	P1 instructions.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	19498
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P1 Diagrams

Will this help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nautilus P1 Flow Diagrams.pdf  
    Peggy and Jamey Matheny
    2016 Grand Design Solitude 5th Wheel 369RL Serial #G1104808
    As of 19 April 2019, 792 nights and 23,887 trailer miles.
    2015 Ford F-250 4X4 Super Cab SRW 148" WB 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    The instructions have a line (White in my pic) fresh water tank "in" going from tank fill city to tank fill pump with a T coming straight out

the difference in factory was actually connecting the tank fill "city" over to the "in from tank" and a T going down to the Tank fill "pump"

Right now i have the "in from tank" connection coming straight from the panel......wondering if i should add a T and run them together?? Hope it makes sense......
    Hey Jim,

Whew !!!
    Just when I'm getting ready to tackle this nightmare, you come up with this !! I was hoping the .pdf was crystal clear.
    I'm trying to get a panel from GD now to prep before I replace, as you have.
    All my panel connections have 90 degree elbows, so I really need the straight compression fittings to connect to for the space between harnesses.

Find myself thinking twice about all this...but glad you found this out when you have, since those diagrams Rob suggested look like hieroglyphics to me
    Please post how the replacement goes with existing swap and any other issues you are presented with... I would really appreciate that.

BTW...What model do you have, bc my wall goes right from panel to wall on other side and with the extended harnesses I will need to square off the wall behind the panel somehow to compensate.

Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikgala View Post
    Hey Jim,

Whew !!!
    Just when I'm getting ready to tackle this nightmare, you come up with this !! I was hoping the .pdf was crystal clear.
    I'm trying to get a panel from GD now to prep before I replace, as you have.
    All my panel connections have 90 degree elbows, so I really need the straight compression fittings to connect to for the space between harnesses.

Find myself thinking twice about all this...but glad you found this out when you have, since those diagrams Rob suggested look like hieroglyphics to me
    Please post how the replacement goes with existing swap and any other issues you are presented with... I would really appreciate that.

BTW...What model do you have, bc my wall goes right from panel to wall on other side and with the extended harnesses I will need to square off the wall behind the panel somehow to compensate.

Michael
    337RLS model. I labeled all my fittings and matched to the new panel. getting ready to swap in a couple days. This workamping thing is like work! LOL Usually tired by the time i get back and that is why i am slow to finish.

I also have a T with hot water further up towards the water heater that I have to deal with sometime as well.

I only noticed my new panel didn't have the hole in it for the light switch (under the slide light) nor did it have the "on" light hole in it.....easily fixed but had me double check each connection to make sure it was the same otherwise......will report back when i get done
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    done on saturday, finally. workamping and weather and just life always gets in the way. I actually just put the "stuff" back inside the storage bay last night....

Had to do some last second improvisations....nothing bad just to help make better connection point on one line that i had to drop to meet existing line.

Name:	P1 done.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	19953

vs.

Name:	P1 instructions4.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	19954
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.