Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cargo capacity on the new s-class Solitude's is something that got us interested in them. They have over 4000 lb's of cargo capacity.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been careful how much stuff I have put in my RV over time and didn't think I had increased the weight over last years weight and I even removed somethings I hadn't used. I always check weights at the beginning of each camping season and I up 540 pounds over last year. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out where all the weight come from but it just keeps creeping upward. I guess the more storage you have the more things you think you need.

Quote Originally Posted by even Toes in the water View Post
    Brent - your 380 trailer weight is eye opening indeed. What do you know or suspect the pin weight to be ? Trust you are also over capacity on your tire ratings as well. You did not say but I trust your tanks are or are close to empty. Adding in weight here will add to an already way over condition.

Seeing your weights makes me wonder how may folks are on the road loaded much heavier than they think. And we wonder why tires are blowing and springs/shackles/etc. are failing.

Good think you weighed and will be taking action to address the situation. Hopefully other folks will read this thread and check their rigs (particularly if heavily loaded) as well.

Carol and I like the 380 floorplan but like you and others with larger Solitudes, the 7K axles have many concerned on capacities.

Dan
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I have been careful how much stuff I have put in my RV over time and didn't think I had increased the weight over last years weight and I even removed somethings I hadn't used. I always check weights at the beginning of each camping season and I up 540 pounds over last year. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out where all the weight come from but it just keeps creeping upward. I guess the more storage you have the more things you think you need.
    Do you have the same amount of water, fresh and waste, as when you weighed last year? Just curious. Water weigh adds up FAST!

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gauge reads in thirds and always travel with the gauge at 1/3 tank. If my gauge is correct there is 33 gallon between the 1/3 and 2/3 so that up to 33 gallons difference and still read 1/3. Black and gray I keep under 5 gallons. I think just creep, I added a couple of different types of bits, 7/8 deep well socket and 3/4 and 7/8 wrench to my toolbox since I need those last year. I also carry a Baseball Bean Bag game. I'm sure there are other things just seems to creep upward.

At least for us, it is probably a good idea to take the3 20 minutes and 11 bucks to pull onto a CAT scale at the beginning of each season.

Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Do you have the same amount of water, fresh and waste, as when you weighed last year? Just curious. Water weigh adds up FAST!

Chris
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . I'm sure there are other things just seems to creep upward.
    I have the same problem with weight creep ... and the trailer too. Just way to easy to add weight.

. At least for us, it is probably a good idea to take the 20 minutes and 11 bucks to pull onto a CAT scale at the beginning of each season.
    I think that is excellent advice for everyone.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John,

Yep, 23,000 GCWR is what all the paperwork says ... I'll check the door jam label tomorrow.
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chrono ... what is your Gross Combined Weight Rating GCWR on your truck ? Your combined weight is 27,280 Total and that is a lot ! My rear axle rating is 9,350 and GCWR is 23,000. Is your GCWR really above 27,280 ?
    Bill,
    My truck is similar to your just a few years newer and mine doesn't have the big gears or the transmission but here are the specs.
    GAWR
    Front 6,000 lbs.
    Rear 9,750 lbs.
    Max payload 5,713 lbs.
    Max towing 27,300 lbs.
    GVWR 14,000 lbs.

The point being, newer trucks have changed quite a bit.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Bill View Post
    Chrono ... what is your Gross Combined Weight Rating GCWR on your truck ? Your combined weight is 27,280 Total and that is a lot ! My rear axle rating is 9,350 and GCWR is 23,000. Is your GCWR really above 27,280 ?
    My GCWR is 40,000. 2017 F350 DRW 4x4 with 4.10 ratio.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told (I hate that phrase because I can't verify it anywhere else) on the Solitudes that they put three 7,000 it wouldn't change the GVWR and restrictive factor was the frame.
    Grand Design makes a triple axle Solitude with a GVWR of 20k: 374TH. My neighbor has one. It looks identical to mine on the outside. Not sure if the frame is similar or altered.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Brent - your 380 trailer weight is eye opening indeed. What do you know or suspect the pin weight to be ? Trust you are also over capacity on your tire ratings as well. You did not say but I trust your tanks are or are close to empty. Adding in weight here will add to an already way over condition.
    Dan
    My tires are rated for 3,800 lbs so I’m barely ok there. I had about 20 gallons when I weighed it, just because I plan to have water in some situations. Only one propane tank was full, the other half full.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast