User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

18’ 290BH furnace - no heat

18’ 290BH
    Furnace worked as expected about a month ago. Turned the furnace on last night while camping, blower started but only cool air from the vents. Runs for approximately 3 minutes and turns off. It will not restart. Fuse is fine. The furnace exhaust on the outside had a very heavy propane smell. I don’t think that I herd the pilot light fire off but I’m not really sure what I’m listening for as we have only had a need to try it out these two times.

Ideas are appreciated.

I am fairly capable with DIY, Is this something that I can address myself?
    Last edited by RazorbackTraveler; 04-20-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure that you have propane? You can still get propane smell from empty or near empty tanks.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 100% positive propane is not empty. Stove works as expected.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackTraveler View Post
    18’ 290BH
    Furnace worked as expected about a month ago. Turned the furnace on last night while camping, blower started but only cool air from the vents. Runs for approximately 3 minutes and turns off. It will not restart. Fuse is fine. The furnace exhaust on the outside had a very heavy propane smell. I don’t think that I herd the pilot light fire off but I’m not really sure what I’m listening for as we have only had a need to try it out these two times.

Ideas are appreciated.

I am fairly capable with DIY, Is this something that I can address myself?
    In the white rectangular search box (upper right on this page) type in "furnace" (no quotes) and then click the small magnifying glass icon. There are dozens of posts that may have the answer.

(I'd help but I am not knowledgeable in this area.)

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resolved

I am aware of the search functionality.
    Initial search results returned 3,200+ threads. Of those 3 were specific to our model. I realize that models more than likely share components but none of the suggestions (reset thermostat, clean pilot, clean tubes, etc) resolved my issues.

I took the trailer to local service provider and they determined a faulty circuit board. It has been replaced under warranty and I will pick up the trailer this week.

Mike