User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not up up to speed on the specifics of how that differential locks up, but I could see a potential problem if making tight turns and backing into slots with four or five thousand pounds extra weight while locked. If one side cannot move faster than the other, it could cause extreme stress on the differential.

Like I said, I am not up on the specifics, but it’s something I would consider.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not have a dually without 4X4. I have had problems on wet grass with a dually. Also, we live in the mountains of Colorado. Once in a while we do get snow.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify a few points

E-Locker I believe is only available on SRW
    Limited Slip differential is the similar option on a DRW
    FX4 DOES NOT require bigger tires. Both my 2017 and 2019 F350 SRW came with 18” tires vs the optional 20” tires. It does require A/T vs A/S tires.

E-Locker makes the rear axle solid locked. Just like 4WD it’s not to be used on dry pavement when turning. It’s to be used in mud, sand rocks etc, in 2WD mode. I use it occasionally when pulling my 5th wheel straight out of a wet grass or muddy spot.

The skid plates have value since the fuel tank is plastic. It protects the tank from road debris or trash being thrown up and potentially puncturing the tank.

I ordered my F350 with FX4 package for the skid plates and the Hill decent feature. Now that I know you can add Hill decent with Forscan and order skid plates for $100 that’s what I would have done differently to save $300 since the Special shocks and decals don’t offer any value for me.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 04-21-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all! I really appreciate all the comments. . . .
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My '18 350 SRW off the lot has FX4. Generally, the Ford guys do not like the shocks with the FX4 (say they're junk) and many, including me replace them with FOX 2.0 or such.
    If I were to order a truck, I'd get the gears I want (3.55 works for me), skid plates and maybe e-locker separate. I also removed the FX4 decals from my brand new truck.
    Gary & Erin + Kitty the '85# Border Collie/Lab
    2015 303RLS
    2018 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7PSD (1st Ford coming from '05 Duramax)
    http://www.kleenoilusa.com

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you ever drove over Moki Dugway near Mexican Hat, Utah? I had it in 4H and thought I was doing pretty good about dodging pot holes and the raised rocks, etc. yesterday. Was only about 100' from being back on asphalt and wham......we hit something really, really hard. I got on the asphalt and stopped and looked under and nothing leaking but a big gouge in that skid plate. I was sure glad at that point that I had the FX-4 pkg. I never really thought much about it until yesterday.

We went back down the same way and I saw what I'd hit.....a large rock sticking up out of the ground that was the same color as the gravel all around it. I don't normally go off road in my truck but a gravel road that had cars and SUVs....I didn't think it would be an issue.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I would not be without skid plates.. $$$$$
    2015 303RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeDuty View Post
    Yeah, I would not be without skid plates.. $$$$$
    Skid plates are standard on the FX-4 but not on the 4x4. For me, it's usually just snow, mud, sand, wet swamp grass and once in awhile a gravel road. Didn't really need the 4H yesterday but the tires kept slipping climbing that grade on the loose gravel.....in 4H the slipping went away. Just so damn greatful that I had those skid plates!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 4H in loose gravel, etc., often before most guys would, just to save the tires with the torque of a diesel.
    2015 303RLS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeDuty View Post
    I use 4H in loose gravel, etc., often before most guys would, just to save the tires with the torque of a diesel.
    Exactly why I was using it. Freaked my wife out when she saw me switching to 4H.....she was already stressed about that climb when she saw all the signs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast