User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2150RB - First Time Out - Few Questions

On our first weekend trip out with our 2150RB and I have a few small questions.

The Jensen Radio unit - How the hell do you get the TV sound to broadcast through the speakers and not just the TV speakers? Not on DVD mode - just when watching TV.

Fridge - Check light stays on. Common problem? Fridge is cooling just fine...but the check light wont go off and it appears it wont let me switch to gass mode if i wanted to. Currently plugged into campsite power.

Heater - Little chilly 2 nights here.....Im assuming the heater runs on gas only. Anyone know the consumption rate pounds per hour? I have gauges on my tank so I am keeping an eye on it....like to know consumption rate though so I can run the math.

Gray Tanks 1 and 2 - Does the sinks and shower all run to both Gray tanks in a 2150RB or does bathroom sink and shower run to 1 gray tank and sink kitchen run to the other?

Dumping tomorrow - Any tips - never done it before. Going to try and remember what the rep told me during my walk around.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deptacon View Post
    On our first weekend trip out with our 2150RB and I have a few small questions.

The Jensen Radio unit - How the hell do you get the TV sound to broadcast through the speakers and not just the TV speakers? Not on DVD mode - just when watching TV.

Fridge - Check light stays on. Common problem? Fridge is cooling just fine...but the check light wont go off and it appears it wont let me switch to gass mode if i wanted to. Currently plugged into campsite power.

Heater - Little chilly 2 nights here.....Im assuming the heater runs on gas only. Anyone know the consumption rate pounds per hour? I have gauges on my tank so I am keeping an eye on it....like to know consumption rate though so I can run the math.

Gray Tanks 1 and 2 - Does the sinks and shower all run to both Gray tanks in a 2150RB or does bathroom sink and shower run to 1 gray tank and sink kitchen run to the other?

Dumping tomorrow - Any tips - never done it before. Going to try and remember what the rep told me during my walk around.
    1. For the TV sound I think you need to connect the TV jacks to the Jensen. I checked on my 297RSTS and no connection from the TV sound jacks to my Furrion. Will be doing this mod shortly.
    2. Sounds like there is something wrong with your fridge unless you don't have the propane tanks open. Using heat so sounds like something wrong with the fridge.
    3. Can't help you out here. Never bothered to figure it out. Just change the tank when empty.
    4. Not sure on yours. On mine kitchen sink drains into Tank 2, shower, bathroom and washer into tank 1.
    5. Drain the black tank first and flush until water looks clean(I have a clear fitting to check), drain gray tanks. I have a valve on the drain so once the black tank is done I close the drain valve and then open gray to help flush the black.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fridge will default to electric when hooked to electric , not sure why you would have check light on , try to turn off then back on to see if it goes away.
    Dumping , as stated above , black first then grey then flush , is my method. Also do not be surprised when you remove the cap for dumping you get a little something run out before opening the valves. A tip to avoid this is add a Valterra valve at the outlet where the cap fits and put the cap on this valve. The valves in these and any rv are know to leak a little , some leak a lot , some not at all.
    Having 2 gray tanks , 1 should be shower and bath sink , other should be kitchen. If you are staying a longer time the valve I mentioned above can be used for equalizing the gray tanks , keep the valterra valve closed and open both gray tank valves and this will allow more gray storage , you generally use more shower water than kitchen sink water.

Brian

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    1. For the TV sound I think you need to connect the TV jacks to the Jensen. I checked on my 297RSTS and no connection from the TV sound jacks to my Furrion. Will be doing this mod shortly.
    2. Sounds like there is something wrong with your fridge unless you don't have the propane tanks open. Using heat so sounds like something wrong with the fridge.
    3. Can't help you out here. Never bothered to figure it out. Just change the tank when empty.
    4. Not sure on yours. On mine kitchen sink drains into Tank 2, shower, bathroom and washer into tank 1.
    5. Drain the black tank first and flush until water looks clean(I have a clear fitting to check), drain gray tanks. I have a valve on the drain so once the black tank is done I close the drain valve and then open gray to help flush the black.

Rob
    I just looked up my Furrion unit and it has something call ARC. My TCL TV also has ARC so I will be moving my HDMI connection on the TV to the HDMI/ARC input and then when I hit the AUX/ARC input on the Furrion I will have sound through the system speakers and not just the TV. I would check your TV and Jensen to see if they have this ARC function and then adjust the connections. Should be good to listen to TV through the Jensen then or so the theory goes per the users manuals.
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per the Jensen JMW40 owner's manual, it looks like the only inputs are a 3.5mm jack on the front panel (AUX IN1) and RCA inputs on the rear panel (AUX IN2). If someone has a good method for running audio output from the TCL TV through the Jensen unit, please share.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    Per the Jensen JMW40 owner's manual, it looks like the only inputs are a 3.5mm jack on the front panel (AUX IN1) and RCA inputs on the rear panel (AUX IN2). If someone has a good method for running audio output from the TCL TV through the Jensen unit, please share.
    No HDMI/ARC like the Furrion units have?
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    I just found the installation/owners manual and the unit doesn't have the AUX/ARC function only the AUX function and RCA jacks in the back for audio input on page 4. I have attached the website for the manual as it may come in handy for anyone who has one of these. All you need to do is connect a set of RCA audio cables to the audio inputs in the back and connect to the audio outputs jacks on the TV and then you can get sound from the TV to through the Jensen unit.

https://www.jensenmarinedirect.com/d...ers_manual.pdf

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a coax to RCA converter to run the tv sound through the stereo. Available on Amazon.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    I used a coax to RCA converter to run the tv sound through the stereo. Available on Amazon.
    Awesome. Also Calbar - thanks for the info as well.

All, thanks for the info.

------

Another question - I have 2 Grey Tanks. How do I equalize between them. When I dumped on Monday everything trained, Black, Gray, except for some of my 2nd gray tank. Could have been the incline I was parked on at the dump site I don't know.... but how do I equalize between the 2 tanks and am I missing something about dumping. I only have 1 gray and 1 black release valve under the camper.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deptacon View Post
    ...except for some of my 2nd gray tank.
    How did you determine the 2nd gray tank still has fluid in it--the "level" light on the trailer's status panel? The sensors that provide these lights with the level of fluid is notoriously wrong.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast