User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The B&W Companion has a head unit that allows the owner to split the unit in half--in 2 seconds. While the whole unit is heavy and strong, it can be split for taking out of the bed. The Companion also has different bases including the puck system that's so popular. It fits on the 2 5/16" ball in the bottom of the truck bed too.

I have the B&W Patriot 16K hitch that is a little lighter. It two splits for easy transport. It's just a lighter version of the Companion since my trailer's 11K lbs. dry weight. What I like is its easy adjustability up, down, front, back.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the goose box from my dealer, Holiday World in Katy, TX. It was actually cheaper than buying the 5th wheel receiver. I can remove the ball and two tie-down clamps in about 30 seconds. They go in a small bag, from Ford, and under my back seat. Then I have full use of my 8’ bed and no aching back.

It was harder to hook-up my trailer, but I bought a wireless camera (2) and monitor for the bed, and now it is so easy. I had been counting on my wife helping me. We would take several tries (and a few cuss words) before we were lined up. She finally informed me (after 7 trips) that she can’t see over the bed rails. Never thought of that (I’m 11” taller).
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Wiley & Shelley
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 373FB (w/ Reese 20k Goose Box)
    2017 Ford F-350 FX-4 SRW w/ 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WileyS View Post
    It was harder to hook-up my trailer, but I bought a wireless camera (2) and monitor for the bed, and now it is so easy. I had been counting on my wife helping me. We would take several tries (and a few cuss words) before we were lined up. She finally informed me (after 7 trips) that she can’t see over the bed rails. Never thought of that (I’m 11” taller).
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [/QUOTE]

Funny that you'd say that! My wife and I long ago traded places. After several years of her trying to direct me and me getting "flustered" by her inability to get things aligned correctly, she now does the backing up with me simply telling her which way and by how much to turn the steering wheel. Harmony was had once again.
    Holger & Corinne
    Granite Bay, CA

2019 Solitude 310gk w/goosebox conversion
    towed by 2012 Ford F450 Lariat crew cab 4x4
    Bilstein shocks, Air-ride air bags
    2 independent on-board Viair compressors w/2.5 gal. air tank
    Boston Whaler 21' Outrage when not towing 5'er

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Funny that you'd say that! My wife and I long ago traded places. After several years of her trying to direct me and me getting "flustered" by her inability to get things aligned correctly, she now does the backing up with me simply telling her which way and by how much to turn the steering wheel. Harmony was had once again. [/QUOTE]

Glad to read that. Wifey and I do very well with her directing me in to hitch up. Never thought to switch roles to make it even better. But then,,,,,, our system preserves 'spousal harmony' and may be best we stay with the current program.
    Last edited by Springerdad; 04-25-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    David and Vicki and 21 month old Springer Spaniel Sadie
    2019 Silverado LTZ 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison stock
    2023 Reflection 150 series 226RK
    B&W Companion 16K on rails EezTire TPMS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123