User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westlake tire failed - new GD Imagine -

I purchased a new 2019 GD Imagine in February. We have taken it out once for a week adventure. In the process we found a few issues, the biggest being the refer did not cool. Took it back to the dealer and they had to order parts for repair. They asked us to take it home as there lot is too small to store the trailer while they are waiting for parts. On the way home after picking it up one of the Westlake tires went flat. Luck we caught it before it tore the trailer apart. What is the process to deal with tire replacement? Does it go back to the dealer for repair? Thanks for any help from those that have dealt with this before.
    2019 Imagine 2600 RB
    2016 Ford F350 CCLB SRW

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LionsHead is the Westlake tire supplier to Grand Design. They have a one year “no questions asked” tire replacement policy. Your dealer should know this and be willing to take care of this for you. If they won’t . . . You can contact either GDRV customer service or LionsHead directly.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graybuck View Post
    I purchased a new 2019 GD Imagine in February. We have taken it out once for a week adventure. In the process we found a few issues, the biggest being the refer did not cool. Took it back to the dealer and they had to order parts for repair. They asked us to take it home as there lot is too small to store the trailer while they are waiting for parts. On the way home after picking it up one of the Westlake tires went flat. Luck we caught it before it tore the trailer apart. What is the process to deal with tire replacement? Does it go back to the dealer for repair? Thanks for any help from those that have dealt with this before.
    Just asking a question to clarify you post title.

Did the tire fail or did you just get a flat. Our tire dates are 5216 so I am just curious on what you actually experienced.

Thanks
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Just asking a question to clarify you post title.

Did the tire fail or did you just get a flat. Our tire dates are 5216 so I am just curious on what you actually experienced.

Thanks
    Not sure if it went flat first but it has a tear in the sidewall. I suspect the way they spin these trailers around with a forklift in the lot the sidewalls take a beating. I watched them pull this out to the load up area from the repair lot and was amazed at how they turn the trailer so tight. No way my truck could rotate one the way they do in the lot. But at this point the tire is not usable
    2019 Imagine 2600 RB
    2016 Ford F350 CCLB SRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graybuck View Post
    Not sure if it went flat first but it has a tear in the sidewall. I suspect the way they spin these trailers around with a forklift in the lot the sidewalls take a beating. I watched them pull this out to the load up area from the repair lot and was amazed at how they turn the trailer so tight. No way my truck could rotate one the way they do in the lot. But at this point the tire is not usable
    I appreciate your reply. I have to turn my 303 around in a cul-de-sac and the end of the street and was amazed at the the flex on the axles and tires as we make the turn around. I am religious on checking air pressure before we move. So far, almost 2 years and no issue. Again thank you for your reply and hope this is the least of your issues.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flat tires are not always the tire's fault...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI See Attached. Don't ask me why I have this file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails West Lake-Warranty-Claim-Form-Update.pdf  
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    two days after we picked up our 2019 337RLS, and based on all of the reading and bad blogs, I changed all five Westlake's out for Goodyear Endurance (just like all my other trailers). I'd rather "Made in the USA" then "Made in China" anyways, but we are quite happy with them, and we can stop just about anywhere if there is a problem.
    2017 F350 Lariat
    Co-Pilot RV Navigation System
    Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Package
    B&W Companion 25K
    Trail Air 18K King Pin
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Winegard Connect 2.0 4G/LTE Wifi Extender
    Winegard Traveler HD Antenna
    Honda EU3000is Generator onboard
    Boston Whaler Dauntless Boat