User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go with a Blue Ox, don't mess with lighter bars. Go right to the 2,000lb setup.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been in my 315RLTS over a year now and I was exactly at the same place you are now ref: Equalizer not capable for the 315RLTS.

I did try the Equalizer with my 315RLTS and it didn't get the truck back to a normal level nor did it stop the sway. I also noticed that the hitch receiver that came standard on my F250 would not handle payload over 1500lbs. So here is what I ended up buying:

- I replaced the Ford hitch receiver with a Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Class V Commercial Duty - 2-1/2"
    https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...leID=201751708

- I replaced the Equalizer with a Reese Strait-Line Weight Distribution w Sway Control - Trunnion Bar - 17,000 lbs GTW, 1,700 lbs TW Item # RP66075

https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Dist...e/RP66075.html

- Replaced the Equalizer shank with a Reese Titan Weight Dist Shank - Trunnion Only - 5-3/4" Drop, 8-1/4" Rise - 1,700 lbs TW

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...e/RP54977.html

I believe there are a lot of folks on here who went with the BlueOX. I was familiar with the Reese Strait-line so I went with that and have no complaints. I can get my front end exactly to the same level before I hitch up the TT and it handles perfectly. I don't think you'll have any issues with the either the Reese or BlueOx so feel confident either will work.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just switched from a 10k to a 14k Equalizer, works fine.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

My Blue Ox Sway pro has 1500# bars as set up from the dealer when we bought our 285BHTS. The sales rep said they were not going to mess around with anything lighter than 1500# when I asked him what weight bars were going to be installed. For me that worked since the previous trailer, the dealer tech just gave me a Reese Pro series with 750# bars. It never felt like they did the job right and I tended to think my trailer was on the tongue heavy side especially when carrying a full load of water. What added to my thought on this was the brochure claimed a tongue weight of 600 pounds. Everyone I spoke with about the bars including two independent RV techs said it seemed the set was a little on the light side. The kit they sold me was for a trailer closer in 20-25 foot range with a weight around 4500-5200 pounds. My boss has a trailer that fit this size and he had the same kit. He claimed he never had an issue with his trailer and the WDH in fact actually did what it was suppose to.

Anyway, I like my Blue Ox. It has been a really pleasant experience using it. Ease of set up and use equals thumbs up in my book.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12