Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out corners - potential leaks.

Just wanted to give everyone one more thing to inspect. Spent a day wiping down slide seals and inspecting seals around windows and trim. I noticed the seals at the top corners were tore and very sharp edges on the
    outside slide corner trim. In fact the tape at the outside corners was actually cut. The aluminum trim under was so sharp it had rubbed through and cut the rubber.

I ended up cutting some of the tape back and filing the edges down. I then cleaned it up, re taped and sealed. I could see this as a potential water entry point. I had to do every slide corner. My wife thought I was being dramatic will I made her climb the ladder and look at one.

Just something to keep an eye on for potential leak issues.
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information. Will need to add that to my list of things to watch for.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Camper 1013-

If you have time and willing to climb back up on the ladder could you post a picture of the area you are talking about?
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try to get a picture of the area posted. I wish I would have taken a before and after, but was trying to get it done.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same experience. Also, there were cut off screws sticking through the corner of the slide out frame that were cutting into the rubber bulb seal on the side of the trailer, so grounded them off smooth and covered them with tape. Also on the slide out roof, tape over screw heads was wearing through from friction of the slide out wiper rubber that could cause leak in slide out roof so I covered the screw heads with another layer of tape. If you look over the trailer, you will find almost everywhere on the trailer from front to back, top to bottom the design, workmanship and quality is crap and left to the owner to correct.
    Pete D.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3926.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	19699
    So it took me a bit, but here is a picture of the corners I am referring too. This is after I put new tape on it.
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Momentum has Eternabond tape (the wide stuff) covering all of that aluminum. A couple of weeks ago I was up there checking the Dicor sealant and noticed the Eternabond tape torn at that corner on my dining room slide out. I cleaned it up with soapy water, then alcohol and applied new Eternabond tape. I've moved three times since then (slides in and out) but haven't got back up there to check it again.

I also noticed on a couple other slides that the tape is worn on those corners and planned on getting back up there to apply new eternabond to those areas as well. Here in Colorado now and woke up to 8" of snow......so I'll not be getting up there today.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg