0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fred Gannon Rocy Bayou State Park FL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park 1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	19539Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park 2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	19540

We were here a couple of weeks ago. 42 sites, water and electric. A lot of the sites are big rig friendly. The site we had reserved of course had a tree at the front. Thankfully it wasn't a problem. Beautiful park very well kept. It is located near Niceville, FL. The only drawbacks are some highway noise during rush hours and it is near military bases so there were aircraft flybys at times and a couple of mornings some booms. Not sure if it was Air Force bombing runs or Army Howitzers. My guess would be Army. Never less I will stay there again. With your stay you are allowed free access to Henderson State Park and the beach.
    Terry & Laureen
    Illinois & Canada
    2018 F-350 B.A.R.T (Big ********** Red Truck)
    2019 Solitude 384GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use that park regularly. Eglin air force base is known as a weapons development facility. The aircraft you hear are probably testing munitions, practicing bombing runs with various types of delivery options. We call all of that noise the sound of freedom. some of the flybys are fun to watch. note, my pic is in campsite #10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Be careful of the things you say and do
    for little eyes are watching you.
    Believe it or not, YOU are a role model.
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS 2016 Ford F250 diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son and his family are at Hurlburt. With my wife and I retiring at the end of next year we plan on spending more time at Rocky Bayou. The noise really didn't bother us. There is a state park here in Illinois, Eldon Hazlet State Park, that we go to every Thanksgiving. At that time it is Pheasant season and the State allows hunting across the road from the campground. Each morning it sounds like a war zone.
    Terry & Laureen
    Illinois & Canada
    2018 F-350 B.A.R.T (Big ********** Red Truck)
    2019 Solitude 384GK