Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2019 Silverado 3500 With Diesel Engine

Has anybody picked up this new truck. We were contemplating the Ram 3500 until I saw the new specs on the Silverado. With the price being about $5K to $10K less than the Ram it definitely is a possibility. (Sorry I meant 2020 Silverado. Can't keep my years in line.)
    Last edited by LarryAck; 04-23-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are talking about the 2019 or 2020. The 2019 is the same generation as current. The 2019 Ram is mostly a new truck.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one big advantage for Ram, at least with SRW is the GVWR is much higher than either the ford or chevy/gmc with translates into larger payload ratings if that's important to you.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryAck View Post
    Has anybody picked up this new truck. We were contemplating the Ram 3500 until I saw the new specs on the Silverado. With the price being about $5K to $10K less than the Ram it definitely is a possibility.
    Sorry. The new 2020. Don't know if any deliveries have started. They are taking orders since last month.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda figured. Last note I saw was summer. which doesn't tell us much
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, wait for the 2020 model. I live in Flint, Michigan and my entire family (quite literally) have worked for GM - except for me, I joined the Army.

The Chevy 2020 model (made in Flint, too) will be a powerful workhorse that Car and Driver is going to drool over.
    Iraq/Afghanistan Veteran - UMICH BBA, M.B.A.
    2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali 6.0
    2018 Grand Design 150 series Reflection 290 BH
    Bride - Anna, Son - Robert, and Gracie "the dog"
    Flint, Michigan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can imagine what the Ram 2500/3500's will look like since their 1500 model is in dealerships right now with the same interiors. The Rams are close to being put into production, so they'll be here late Summer at the latest.

GM's 2500/3500's have pictures all over the internet. They really are getting some negative comments online over the distinctive front end styling.

And Ford has learned to make minor changes from year to year in order to stay ahead of the competition in total sales. They also have a number of high tech options specifically for RV's and tow trucks that are attractive.

All three will do a great job. They're all very strong mechanically. And they're all three fairly competitive on pricing--with relatively few factory sales incentives. My problem is finding such trucks on dealer lots that are either completely stripped company trucks or completely loaded luxury trucks pushing $90K MSRP. I want a middle of the line diesel truck that's equipped just nice enough.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Rams are in the wild now.

https://www.bettenhausencdjr.com/inv...3R3FL1KG524849

I expect GM’s fairly soon. I’d guess mid summer. Not a huge fan of the Chevy but I like the GMC. Reports from people who have seen them in person have been more positive.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For GM you can start ordering short boxes now, long boxes on June 6th and the dually's on July 18th.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about other parts of the country but the best pricing I could find for a RAM 3500 was in Idaho. Bought mine at Dave Smith's in Kellogg ID, flew in to Spokane WA for $220, they picked me up in a shuttle, 3 hrs later I was on my way back to California. There were people there from all over the US and I beat any price I could get around here by about $5000. Largest RAM dealer "in the world" and they sell Chevy and GMC trucks also. Over 1000 trucks in their inventory its easy to find what your looking for.
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]