User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys,

Just catching up to this thread . Tom, I expect this will be one that goes for a while!
    @mestubbe, I think your picture (that I borrowed here) is the best example yet, of what Brian calls "Wow That's Fantastic" (welcome to the discussion)
    As many of you know, I have been battling this same "WTF?" wiring and plumbing OCD problem.
    Most of you have probably seen my front underbelly story https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...968#post171968 to go with my rear underbelly story https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...600#post206600 . . . I look forward to this new perspective .

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTF.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I get it. I have run high end data centers where I could tell a wire out of place if visible. The problem we all face is quality control (maybe GDRV should pay attention...I consult). To fix the problems post build are monumental challenge (I'm game). But if they would adhere (and I haven't even looked) to an ISO standard, they would actually elevate themselves above all of the other builders.
    2017 F350 Lariat
    Co-Pilot RV Navigation System
    Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Package
    B&W Companion 25K
    Trail Air 18K King Pin
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    Winegard Connect 2.0 4G/LTE Wifi Extender
    Winegard Traveler HD Antenna
    Honda EU3000is Generator onboard
    Boston Whaler Dauntless Boat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mestubbe View Post
    All I get it. I have run high end data centers where I could tell a wire out of place if visible. The problem we all face is quality control (maybe GDRV should pay attention...I consult). To fix the problems post build are monumental challenge (I'm game). But if they would adhere (and I haven't even looked) to an ISO standard, they would actually elevate themselves above all of the other builders.
    They might also save some money, there is a lot of WASTE sitting under each RV in copper!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mestubbe View Post
    . . . if they would adhere (and I haven't even looked) to an ISO standard, they would actually elevate themselves above all of the other builders.
    Hi mestubbe,

The RV industry (GDRV included) build to their own RVIA (RV Industry Association) standards. (Talk about the "fox guarding the hen house") We actually pay an extra fee for this "inspection" on every unit. These requirements are supposedly based on residential standards, although nothing is ever built to anything anywhere close to even the most basic residential requirements. Never mind the motor vehicle standards that they should be following for vehicles bouncing down the road.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your pictures make me shudder every time I look at them knowing that I have to face this soon....Thanks..
    2019 297 RSTS
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    The wife and 2 dogs..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious if any of you who have attended any of the GD rallies where GD employees/execs may attend have shown them some photos of the wiring mess in their rigs. I'd be doing that if we traveled in this thing and attended rallies. I just can't imagine anyone who designs/builds anything tolerating such sloppy work.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    I'm curious if any of you who have attended any of the GD rallies where GD employees/execs may attend have shown them some photos of the wiring mess in their rigs. I'd be doing that if we traveled in this thing and attended rallies. I just can't imagine anyone who designs/builds anything tolerating such sloppy work.
    Lots of people do this at rallies with reps, they shrug and give a speech about how they need to do a better job, but it’s not going to happen as long as we, the public, keep gobbling up everything they build, as fast as they can build it. Attention to detail cuts into profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12