Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Checking In

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checking In

Hello All,

My wife, Tina, and I have been full-timing since September starting with our small short-term 1/2 ton travel trailer, but we bought our 310 GK in December then the 2019 Ram Mega Cab Dually Laramie Longhorn (still love saying that) a couple weeks ago, and more recently the B&W OEM slider. First towing will be this Mother’s Day, so I am really doing a lot of reading on hitching a fifth wheel and towing in preparation. It looks like this is a great site and well moderated. I have been on the FB GD site a lot. I just want to see if this posts and I am in as I tried to register before with a credit card and something hung up on me. Is there a way to tell if I am a full member or guest? I definitely want to be a full member as I see it is require to add maps to my posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffANickerson View Post
    Hello All,

My wife, Tina, and I have been full-timing since September starting with our small short-term 1/2 ton travel trailer, but we bought our 310 GK in December then the 2019 Ram Mega Cab Dually Laramie Longhorn (still love saying that) a couple weeks ago, and more recently the B&W OEM slider. First towing will be this Mother’s Day, so I am really doing a lot of reading on hitching a fifth wheel and towing in preparation. It looks like this is a great site and well moderated. I have been on the FB GD site a lot. I just want to see if this posts and I am in as I tried to register before with a credit card and something hung up on me. Is there a way to tell if I am a full member or guest? I definitely want to be a full member as I see it is require to add maps to my posts
    Hi Jeff and Tina,
    Glad you decided to join as “site sponsor”. If your payment is processed, your status, noted under your screen name will change from “registered guest” to “site sponsor”!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group , glad to have you here.
    I will include @Janet H , our Admin , to make sure you are a sponsor or help you if needed.

Brian

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffANickerson View Post
    Hello All,

Hellooo Jeff & Tina, Glad you are joining us. We have the same truck, only a 2018 model, and yes we love the Laramie Longhorn edition. It also has the Southfork package, its a Texas thing, just a little different color scheme. We also use the Companion hitch although it is a non-slider. We picked the CC long bed because I didn't want to fool with a slider hitch.
    I know you have been reading alot about 5th wheels, towing and hitching, that is good! Its always good to be as prepared as you can be.
    I find the RAM bed camera works great for hitching, I can watch it on the "big screen" and back onto the pin on the first try. I turn the rear parking sensor off so I don't have to listen to that annoying tone because the tail gate is down. I just wish you could use the bed camera while in drive gear just to get a look at things back there. The wife has the duty of making sure the pin box plate is just a little bit lower than the Companion hitch plate, so that the pin box rides up and into the hitch jaws. Our combination of the RAM 1 ton and heavy 5er is level, drives and rides excellent. Our truck squats only an inch or two when hitched up and we have @8 inches of bed clearance. I have the companion hitch set to over the axle and the hitch arms at their top adjustment.

Learn all you can and ask any question, there are no stupid questions, and there are great people here that can answer them respectfully.
    Again Welcome Aboard!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 04-24-2019 at 08:21 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff,
    A neat trick the previous owner taught me is to use the light that sits in the center of the back window for a center reference, and use that to center in on the pin on your hitch. Except for hitching up at some weird angles, it works every time. Congratulations on your purchase!
    Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications