User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Pressure Treated Lumber Harm Tires?

I have an Asphalt driveway and RV pad. Before getting my Reflection 303RLS I had a Utility trailer parked on the RV pad and the small 6" tongue wheel made a small depression in the asphalt with the heat of last summer. A small wheel for sure but not that much weight either. With the weight of the fiver I'm concerned the tires will also in time leave an depression in the asphalt so I used 2 x 12 pressure treated lumber under the tires and jacks to spread out the load.

The dealer sales person told me that pressure treated lumber will harm the tires. I did a google search and could not find any reports or information where this was reported as true. I did find a few posts on other RV forums where this was asked and those that responded who had done it reported no issues.

Has anyone here done it or have information as to the effect of pressure treated lumber on tires.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0502.jpg  
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used pressure treated wood under all my trailers , 15 years or more with no harm that I can see to the tires. Trailer tires are only good for 4 or 5 years so I can not see doing this would cause any damage.
    Some kind of something under your tires would be a good idea. Asphalt is soft and would not take long for your 5er to sink.

Brian