Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VPN not allowed to connect?

I have Dashlane with a VPN. I can choose the United States as country but this site still will not allow it....this is the message

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. We ban all international IP Addresses at this time. If you are using a VPN client to mask your internet activities, please switch to a US based server. To contact the administrator click here
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janet H , can you help with this please?

Brian

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    I have Dashlane with a VPN. I can choose the United States as country but this site still will not allow it....this is the message

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. We ban all international IP Addresses at this time. If you are using a VPN client to mask your internet activities, please switch to a US based server. To contact the administrator click here
    I'm sorry you ran into trouble. We made a few changes. Can you do restart and then try again?
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does now work...thanks.

I usually don't worry too much about just checking websites, but doing financial stuff always use VPN or hotspot from phone. I forgot to turn it off and went into the forums and got that message a couple times....thanks for resolving it.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. We ban all international IP Addresses at this time. Here is an example of a VPN provider for staying anonymous online. If you are using a VPN client to mask your internet activities, please switch to a US based server. To contact the administrator click here

Hi, I also ran into problems when trying to log in with VPN turned on. It's OK at home, no need for it here, but at work I'm forced to connect through a VPN.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

VPN not allowed to connect?

It does now work...thanks.

I usually don't worry too much about just checking websites, but doing financial stuff always use VPN or hotspot from phone. I forgot to turn it off and went into the forums and got that message a couple times....thanks for resolving it.
    Jim you should use the VPN (or encrypted hotspot) whenever possible even for “just checking websites”, since a hacker can gain access to all of the data on your laptop, (documents, spreadsheets, photos, etc.) and use the browser cache to gather logins and passwords from any accounts you routinely login to where you have selected “remember my password”. Even if you’re not surfing at the time. A relatively easy hack which can be done on a computer on an open network is even scarier... they can activate the webcam that’s built in to most every laptop and watch (and record) every thing you do and listen using the webcam’s microphone, to conversations.
    People worry about the NSA doing stuff like this but 16 year olds can do it nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-22-2020 at 10:51 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Jim you should use the VPN (or encrypted hotspot) whenever possible even for “just checking websites”, since a hacker can gain access to all of the data on your laptop, (documents, spreadsheets, photos, etc.) and use the browser cache to gather logins and passwords from any accounts you routinely login to where you have selected “remember my password”. Even if you’re not surfing at the time. A relatively easy hack which can be done on a computer on an open network is even scarier... they can activate the webcam that’s built in to most every laptop and watch (and record) every thing you do and listen using the webcam’s microphone, to conversations.
    People worry about the NSA doing stuff like this but 16 year olds can do it nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good advise. Thanks....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.