User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic low profile bedroom A/C 641915

Not sure why but our bedroom A/C will run about 30 minutes then cut off. Everything cuts off...even when I have the fan set at high or low. I can't seem to find any troubleshooting info on this unit online. When runniing, the fan and compressor are both running and the air seems cool. Both cut out at the same time. If it stops, it will not come back on again until I cycle through the settings on the thermostat and turn it back on. Anyone had this problem and perhaps can provide a solution?

thanks,
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    Bedford County, VA

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a difference between my old Atwood AC and the Dometic. On the Atwood, the fan would continue to blow, even after the temperature was reached on the thermostat. But the compressor would shut off.

On the Dometic, when the set point of the thermostat was reached, the fan and the compressor both shut off. By any chance, is your AC just reaching temperature and things are shutting off?

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, on both of our dometic A/C's if it is on auto, then the fan cuts off when the compressor does. If on high or low, the fan continues to run after the compressor shuts off. Also, it will not turn back on unless I turn it off and then turn it back on.
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    Bedford County, VA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar problem on my last ac (long story), anyway it reached set temp and we would wake up hot because it would not cycle back on....ended up being the control board. Tried a new thermostat but that did not help. Also make sure to seal it up with foil tape.....notorious for gaps in ducting.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We sealed both of the A/C's last summer. Strangly enough now the back A/C is cutting off. Our unit has the old dometic 3313189 thermostats that have been replaced by this one: https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pro...l-kit-_-164504. I'm hoping the new control board will work with our A/C's.
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    Bedford County, VA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After spending hours researching this on the internet, I found a post on another forum where they were having the same problem. They managed to get a dometic tech to their site because their camper was brand new. The tech told them that the problem was you could not set the temperature below 69 degrees and that fixed their problem. Since we have been home, both of my a/c's have been set at 70 and running like champs. Don't know if this is a permanent fix, but it's cheap and I'll try it for awhile.
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    Bedford County, VA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new board allows well below 70 btw......we like it cooler in the bedroom for sleeping.....ours is set at 62. cycles on and off as needed. I do want to put new vents that close in the main part of the rv so it doesnt get as cold in the entire rv. I just have to see how the old ones pop out. this way only a small amount of air will get into the living area, while the bedroom runs cooler......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)