User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. The fridge will take some time to cool down, maybe 12 hours or more. We generally put in a frozen jug of water or just cold water, these fridges like to have something to cool rather than just an empty space.

I have a gravel spot that we park our camper on and I still get ruts from backing and pulling on the same spots. The trailer also sinks on this as well. I put down 2 2x10 treated boards that I park the tires on and that helps keep them from sinking but the ruts are still there from moving it in the same spots.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I checked the fridge before going to work this morning, it was at 39F, so that was working. Had to bleed the propane line for it to work on LP though. As for the awning led light, found the fuse behind the switch. That is the dumbest place in the world to put that fuse, expecially since there is atleast 6 empty DC fuse spots on the trailer.

Got the trailer to storage, then went to get fuel. Was cutting it a little close. Filled 33 gallons on a 32 gallon tank.

Contractor for the 125tons of recycled concrete just sent me a message saying he would be out here at 8am tomorrow, and the last truck should be gone by 2pm. Then I need to go back to storage and get the trailer so we can work on it before the rain comes tomorrow night. LevelMate Pro is installed and zeroed.

We have less than 100lbs of stuff in there now (mainly chocks, leveling blocks, a small ladder). There is a scale on the way back, so I'll drive through there and get a trailer weight. Right now, with just full tank of fuel, hitch and myself (and normal tools), the RAM 3500 is sitting at 9180lbs.
    2018 Solitude 3740BH
    2013 Ram 3500 DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, driveway got built out, and I actually can park the trailer at the house now with no issue. Even widened at the street so it is easier to back out or in if I need to.

Just came from the local CAT scale.

Just Truck:
    Steer Axle: 5260 lb
    Drive Axle: 3920 lb
    Total: 9180 lb

Truck and Trailer:
    Steer Axle: 5220 lb
    Drive Axle: 7320 lb
    Trailer Axle: 12100 lb
    Total: 24640 lb

This weight is full propane (60lbs total), and full water (the trailer dealership did that), and a few things like anderson levelers and stacking pads for the jacks.

Storm moving through the area right now, so its slides are out, but everything is closed up while we wait on the high winds and tornado watch to go away.
    2018 Solitude 3740BH
    2013 Ram 3500 DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HogieOneKanobi View Post
    Okay, driveway got built out, and I actually can park the trailer at the house now with no issue. Even widened at the street so it is easier to back out or in if I need to.

Just came from the local CAT scale.

Just Truck:
    Steer Axle: 5260 lb
    Drive Axle: 3920 lb
    Total: 9180 lb

Truck and Trailer:
    Steer Axle: 5220 lb
    Drive Axle: 7320 lb
    Trailer Axle: 12100 lb
    Total: 24640 lb

This weight is full propane (60lbs total), and full water (the trailer dealership did that), and a few things like anderson levelers and stacking pads for the jacks.

Storm moving through the area right now, so its slides are out, but everything is closed up while we wait on the high winds and tornado watch to go away.
    Congrats on that new S Class. Hope to hear your "review" after you've got a few trips under your belt. It's just the 2 of us and I really like the 2930 S Class.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Congrats on that new S Class. Hope to hear your "review" after you've got a few trips under your belt. It's just the 2 of us and I really like the 2930 S Class.
    My trips are a little weird, because I am single, with no kids. My mom will do trips with me, so that's why I have had 2 bunk houses now. The thing I miss from my Wildwood (2017) is the remote control I had for the slides / awning / jacks. Also, I never hit my head on the outside of the bumper pull. Today, the 3740BH knocked me down when I walked into the corner of the master bedroom slider while looking down to keep the sun out of my eyes. It is going to take some use to the larger trailer. I got it packed today with living things (dishes, silverware, etc), and got new linens for the larger bed (King). Working on moving stuff over into smaller boxes (like our septic attachments were in a big action packer, that went in truck, but too big to fit reasonably in the basement), so it will be ready for memorial day weekend trip over to a Texarkana area lake (Texas side).
    2018 Solitude 3740BH
    2013 Ram 3500 DRW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12