User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 3740BH owner saying hello

Just traded in my bumper pull TT for a GD Solitude 3740BH. Signed for the trailer, but went ahead and have them putting in an on board generator, so it isn't home yet (I didn't feel like dragging it back and forth a couple times if I didn't need to). We didn't realize how long that it was until we hooked up to the truck during hitch-up training. Towing with a 2013 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie with 500k miles on it. Just put in the B&W OEM Companion since I had the puck system in the truck.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HogieOneKanobi View Post
    Just traded in my bumper pull TT for a GD Solitude 3740BH. Signed for the trailer, but went ahead and have them putting in an on board generator, so it isn't home yet (I didn't feel like dragging it back and forth a couple times if I didn't need to). We didn't realize how long that it was until we hooked up to the truck during hitch-up training. Towing with a 2013 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie with 500k miles on it. Just put in the B&W OEM Companion since I had the puck system in the truck.
    Welcome! You will find a lot of support and info here. Enjoy your new rig!
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group , hope you stay around a while.
    That is a BIG set up compared to a TT.
    Keep the "force" with you.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Do I sense a movement in the Force? (Kidding...referencing your forum name as it sounds like something from Star Wars.)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new Solitude, I'm sure you are going to love it. I too just made a TT to 5ver jump and remember backing up to it the first time and getting ready to hitch up at the dealership, and remember thinking....OMG, what have I gotten myself into! I towed it a little over 400 miles home and was mostly comfortable with it by the time i got there. Still a learning curve for sure, but it's coming together. Good luck.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Do I sense a movement in the Force? (Kidding...referencing your forum name as it sounds like something from Star Wars.)
    I wanted Hogie, but you need 6 characters for the forums... so why not? Live long and prosper

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted Hogie, but you need 6 characters for the forums... so why not? Live long and prosper
    No. You didn't, did you? A Star Trek quote in a Star Wars conversation? Aaaarrrgghhh...we need another forum rule added! (I'm kidding, of course.)

Seriously, welcome (again) to the forum.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and enjoy the new RV.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today's update: Finally got it home yesterday

Ended up with a leveling error on our slanted concrete pad outside the garage (everywhere else is soft ground right now... 125 tons of material coming on Friday to put a gravel pad out for the trailer).
    Got the auto leveler fixed today, and shore power wired up (only 30amp 110 right now, but that will keep 1 AC on while it gets warm during the day here in Texas).

Now I am hoping the fridge cools down overnight, as it hasn't seemed to in the last 4 hours. It appears our awning LED lights dont work either. Is the a remote that does work with them? Get to move the trailer tomorrow night to a temp storage area I leased for the next 2 months while I was waiting for it to dry out enough for the new parking pad to get put down. I have a "DS Flood" light switch, which is apparently for the patio (not awning lights), but the yellow light over the main door never seems to light up. I think I am going to have to buy a new ladder, lol.

It is currently sitting on the concrete pad outside the garage, and overhanging on both the front and back, but that is ok.
    2018 Solitude 3740BH
    2013 Ram 3500 DRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast