User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    I think you may have to go behind the "wall of shame" and look at the pump. There have been some talk of a cracked filter housing , round plastic clear thingy on inlet of pump , or even the pump not housing having some issues with cracks or diaphragm not correct. These issues will allow air in and not allowing suction or flow.
    Curious if your pump works when pulling water from the fresh water tank? If this works then the problem would be between the inlet and the pump. I know probably more useless info , just trying to cover all bases. Brian
    Thanks Brian, not useless info at all, just unwanted effort at the moment. I'll have more time - and hopefully nicer conditions - to unload the basement and get into the snake pit next week.

I have read elsewhere here that GD's first advice would be to fill the water tank and see if the pump worked. I haven't done it - didn't want to then dump 100 gallons down our driveway in freezing weather, and our water is expensive. However it's not as expensive as propane (!) so I will be trying this soon since the predictions of more sub-freezing nights have been rolled back to nearly-freezing nights.

Thanks.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other possibility is the pump "sucks" the water/anti-freeze through the water filter in the docking station area. If there is any air leak (housing not tight), it will suck in air and not the fluid. Note: All the "city water" goes through the filter too.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    One other possibility is the pump "sucks" the water/anti-freeze through the water filter in the docking station area. If there is any air leak (housing not tight), it will suck in air and not the fluid. Note: All the "city water" goes through the filter too. Chris
    Hadn't thought of this one, thanks!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Hadn't thought of this one, thanks!
    Just tossing out ideas. Hope you get it fixed easily.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe all of you can help us too!

After no being able to properly winterize our 2016 310GK (pump wouldn't pull anti-freeze in) we got the pump and water system fixed at a GD dealer.

First night out on this trip we were on city water and all worked well. Second night out and 3 nights since we have been dry camping off the fresh water tank. Right from the start we could not get the pump to purge the system of air and it just sputters and seems to suck or blow air. I have tried with all the various faucets open, closed, and whatever. Nothing seems to work or help.

I have checked to see if the service tech fixed the suction feature for winterizing and the pump pulled water in from a bottle. I have tried numerous times to get the pump to work but with no luck. I get spurts of water on the cold side but pretty much zero on the hot water side.

I've tried to get the dealer to call and provide some advice/direction but no luck there either.

Any suggestions from any of you that have had similar issues?

Thanks in advance!!

Dave & Laura
    New RVers
    2016 Ford F-250 SRW
    2017 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave & Laura View Post
    Maybe all of you can help us too!
    I'm the original poster in this thread. I tried all the suggestions here and others I found on the web. Nothing would work.

Our pump was only used but once - maybe - when the dealer had to winterize our trailer last year. We had never even turned it on,

After an hour or two of fiddling it was obviously not doing its job. While under warranty I wasn't going to get another of those Lippert pumps from Grand Design and end up in trouble again. Instead I bought the pump below and installed it myself.

https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-4008-...gateway&sr=8-2

Immediately after installation - and nothing else in the trailer changed - the new pump sucked antifreeze like a champ. The Lippert pump was junk.

Note that the pressure on the ShurFlo pump is higher - 55psi instead of 45psi - so it therefore brings a higher risk of leaks in the trailer's plumbing if you do a lot of dry camping.

I checked everything carefully after installation, and have resolved to eventually replace the pieces of soft hose in the plumbing system with proper PEX pipe used in most of the plumbing. There are countless favorable reviews of this pump by RV owners.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 06-02-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    boyscout, thanks for the update and information; it's always good when the OP posts the solution to a problem.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12