User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWells View Post
    My husband and I always leave our site clean including fire pit. It is so frustrating for us to see how messy people can be we just don’t get it . How would they feel if someone came in their yard and house and left trash not much I’m sure
    We're new to the RV life but are not new to the amount of trash that seems to permeate the roadsides nowadays. Those that perpetuate the issue probably don't care what their yards look like anyway!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidsofia View Post
    But what the heck is a shower monkey, or maybe I don’t want to know?
    You definitely don't want to know, but being a person who believes in sharing information I will tell you anyway. There is a chance you will see one someday. Folks that work around monkey's are familiar with there alleged habit of pooping into there hands and then throwing it at there enemies. There are many forms of mental illness in our country, some are pretty out there and require hospitalization, some are fairly benign and are just strange, or fun to watch, depending on your point of view.

We have all heard of germophobes, and (I don't know the term) but people that are shy about "going" in a public place. Whatever it is there are people that are incapable of defecating in a public toilet. But Mother Nature will have her way and they HAVE to go. So because they cannot use the "public toilet" they go on the floor. Step that up one notch and they poop in the shower stall. Monkey's; shower....

As someone who has cleaned up several of these messes I am both appalled and heartbroken. Appalled because it's just gross heartbroken because these mentally ill people cannot function in normal society. But alas, there is a third type, the mean person, someone who poops in a shower just because they think it's funny that the fat old campground host has to clean it up. This is one reason I support our second amendment rights.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arhayes View Post
    Agreed. Our goal in all our years of camping has always been to leave an area better than we found it. We often have to pick trash up from our site when we arrive, but it’ll be cleaned well before we leave.

Alan
    us as well.we pick up little papers,butts,sticks etc.always leave our sites in great shape. we only visit one camp ground that we do not do that on.the owners check each site after a camper leaves and cleanes the fire pit and blow sites off.its wonderful and we visit often.they know exactly what goes on in their CG.dont understand why more owners don't do this.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryandJ View Post
    us as well.we pick up little papers,butts,sticks etc.always leave our sites in great shape. we only visit one camp ground that we do not do that on.the owners check each site after a camper leaves and cleanes the fire pit and blow sites off.its wonderful and we visit often.they know exactly what goes on in their CG.dont understand why more owners don't do this.
    I've seen this done at national forest campgrounds as well. At least at Lake Powhatan in Asheville NC.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a saying along the Gulf coast of Florida...... "Take only pictures, Leave only footprints". Should apply everywhere.
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT 1500, CrewCab, 5.3L, 2wd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dallas, I'm glad I was not there. My wife is always picking up after other peoples dogs with the fenced in dog runs being the worst. We love to fish and have found that the farther you have to walk/hike in the less trash there is. I really love the 1 and 2 miles hikes to fish.
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this stuff should be common sense, unfortunately common sense is not that common anymore...

https://www.treadlightly.org/

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish I could find a card that basically says, I camped here and I cleaned up the campsite before I left. Enjoy it. I would leave one somewhere so the next campers find it.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadiddle View Post
    Wish I could find a card that basically says, I camped here and I cleaned up the campsite before I left. Enjoy it. I would leave one somewhere so the next campers find it.
    That's kind of a nice idea. You could always just print some up on regular paper and leave it under a small rock on the picnic table. I personally would be tickled if I found one and I think I'm going to steal your idea.

I come from backpacking to motorcycle camping to 5th wheel glamping. I have always believed in the motto "Leave no trace".
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I could print that on paper. Not very creative. Need to come up with a creative remark.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast