User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a bunch of small painted rocks kids left at a campsite the other day. You could paint that quote on the rock and leave it for eternity.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't leaving a card or painting a rock - LEAVING A TRACE? Nice thoughts, plant a flower bed, spelling it out? LOL

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of thoughts. Painted rocks, while in Deception State Park in Washington we came across a civic movement entitled "Deception Rocks." Basically it's a group of people that paint rocks in colorful and imaginative manners, often, mythical creatures; then they hide the rocks among the old growth forest. When children discover the rocks it then becomes an exciting story time for them and their parents. We have even found tiny villages made of fauna in the area, sticks, twigs, moss, leaves etc. Some have been very intricate.

All of this shows to me an appreciation of nature and the surroundings we are in, I welcome it, and I am enthusiastic about it.

What a village campgrounds are. WX forecast had a red warning about sever thunderstorms. Could have happened, we prepared, pretty much like it was a hurricane, but our neighbors were not so enlightened about t-storms. On our right they failed to pull in their garbage, wind caught it and rolled it through 4 other campgrounds. Garbage everywhere, the campers on both sides of the road along the debris field all came out about the same time and tidied up the area.

Neighbors on the left read the t-storm message, they put up little umbrella tents to protect from the rain. Little did they realize the strength of the leading winds for such events. Totally flattened both rain tents in seconds, their tent fared a bit better, it lasted nearly 5 minutes before it pulled out. They managed to get their awning pulled in before it was decimated.

This is a good life we lead, we help were we can, but sometimes we are too late and adventures in camping occur.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234