User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2600RB 120V circuits not optimal

In checking my 2 day old 2600RB (manufactured April 4th, 2019) I found that the breaker marked Refrigerator feeds a blue cable that goes to the fridge outlet and then on to the GFI at the sink and then every other outlet except the one behind the recliners. The second breaker marked general, powers the only outlet behind the recliners (black cable). I called GD CSR and they told me that it was designed this way. Makes no sense to me to put the Ref. on the same circuit as every other outlet that you might plug something into. Why would they not put the Ref and the recliners on one and all of the other outlets on the the other? No change to GFI protection and better balanced load distribution.

What am I missing?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I dug a bit more. While the manual talks about the Ref. drawing 600W this one seems to be around 240W making it much less of an issue. The TV was also on breaker 2. I would still prefer to have the ref on a different circuit though.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jamesNH

This is common , but does not make it right. Ours is wired kind of like this as well and if I can get some time someday I will look at trying to isolate the fridge as I would like it to be on its own circuit as well.
    Not sure if it will be doable but I will at least try it.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is room in my electrical box for one more breaker and the fridge is close.....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesNH View Post
    In checking my 2 day old 2600RB (manufactured April 4th, 2019) I found that the breaker marked Refrigerator feeds a blue cable that goes to the fridge outlet and then on to the GFI at the sink and then every other outlet except the one behind the recliners. The second breaker marked general, powers the only outlet behind the recliners (black cable). I called GD CSR and they told me that it was designed this way. Makes no sense to me to put the Ref. on the same circuit as every other outlet that you might plug something into. Why would they not put the Ref and the recliners on one and all of the other outlets on the the other? No change to GFI protection and better balanced load distribution.

What am I missing?
    Here's how mine is wired:

2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice diagram!

Separating the refer to it's own breaker was pretty straightforward.

I also found this opening in the floor behind the breaker box which I protected with a breathable mouse block material (shredded stainless and plastic). Looks like a convenient mouse superhighway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FloorBehindBreakers.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	19991
    James & Carol
    2020 Imagine 2600RB (Our First Camper!)
    PROGRESSIVE INDUSTRIES HW30C 30 Amp Hardwired EMS-HW30C RV Surge & Electrical Protector
    Shower faucet mod
    Mouse and insect sealing

2016 F150 Crew Cab with Max tow package (12,100#)
    Westinghouse iGen4500DF generator