User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It only has a 14,000 GVW which you can get in an F350 dually (strange set up). The 4:30 gearing is nice. Ford is currently running some first time buyer deals and cash discounts. You should be able to get about 10% off the sticker or more. Also depending on where you work .

I suggest visiting a dealer and talking to the fleet manager - not a sales monkey. Ford has available what are called rapid specifications. They list exactly what options are available for the truck and more importantly what the option actually contains. If the dealer wont give then to you walk away. Also search for them on line. Visit some of the online Ford forums too. When you know exactly what you want you can have Ford search all dealers for it. There are some screaming deals on the 2019's right now, but I am waiting for the 2020 or later.
    Last edited by powerscol; 05-02-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the multi-gear transmissions available today and the huge diesel low RPM torque, I don't thing that high numerical axle ratio is as important as it once was with less torque and a 3 speed transmission. The high ratio will unnecessarily hurt your fuel economy on every non-towing mile.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Platinum, so that comes pretty loaded. When I look at the things listed as optional:
    > White Platinum Metallic Paint - $675; I like the look, but not important to me
    > 6.7L Diesel - $8795; Must have
    > Tire Upgrade - $250; Not sure what I would have had otherwise, not enough $ to care
    > 3.55 Ratio Limited Slip Axle - $350; good to have in my view
    > Gooseneck Hitch Kit - $250; This is one I do not use
    > FX4 Off Road Package - $295- I am not sure what this includes; I don't drive off road
    > Rapid Heat Supplemental Heater - $250; I live in NC and it doesn't get terribly cold, however, the few times I have needed it, it is nice
    > Engine Block Heater - $90; I have never needed it, but for $90, worth having should I be in an area that would need it
    > Snow Plow Package - $85; I am not sure what this includes
    > 5th Wheel Prep Package - $370; Must have
    > Rear Inflatable Seatbelts - $185; I would hate to have someone suffer an injury that could have been lessened had I spent $185
    > Upfiiter Switches - $165; I haven't used them, but nice to have
    > Platinum Ultimate Package - $2,785; This includes the Twin Panel Power Moon Roof (I don't use this often), Adaptive Cruise (this is a must have), Lane Keeping Alert (this i have turned off), and the Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera (this is a must have)
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=CloseToRetirement;232016]

What I did learn about the F350 and F450 were two things. Payload was 1,000 lbs. less on the F450 .../QUOTE]

I would not have believed this except that I looked at used 2017 F-450 Lariat this weekend. Payload was 2931. I was very surprised, but it took the F-450 off the table for me.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 450 Platinum has a payload of 4583 lbs. The truck basically came with every option possible including the OEM Reese 27.5k fifth wheel hitch. That hitch lowered the rating on the truck as well.

Besides the final axle ration of 4.3 instead of 4.1, another big difference is the size of the brakes on the 450. They're 15.4" rotors which compared to those of the 350, are about 2x the surface area. That helps quite a bit when you really have to haul your load down quickly.

Also the tighter turning radius helps a great deal in parking lots and makng U-turns.

However the penalty you pay is that because Ford can only rate the truck to 14k lbs GWV before they'd have to re-rate it as a Class IV truck. The 450 has a heavier duty rear axle with one extra leaf spring, both which take away from the GWV.

If you're towing one of the bigger and heavier Momentums, it might be a good idea to either get a very lightly loaded 450 or just stick with the DRW F350 so you don't end up being overweight.

Oh btw, make sure you order the supplemental cabin heater. Otherwise on cold days it will take forever to get heat. I have that option and on a 30 degree day, my cabin is getting warm air within 1/3 mile from a cold start.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of good info, thanks. What does one use uplifter switches for? And what does adaptive cruise control do? Screamin good deals, where? Everyone I have talked with is talking MSRP. Ok, my wife says I have an S on my forehead and it does not stand for superman.

Truck bed weight capacity is less than a F350? I gotta go pull some charts, plus recalculate my pin weight. Truck shopping is sooooo hard.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    What does one use uplifter switches for? And what does adaptive cruise control do?
    The Upfitter switches can be used with LED light bars, winches, etc. They are just a clean way to wire switches for auxiliary equipment. Rather than putting an aftermarket (cheesy) switch under the dash, they are mounted up by the garage door and sun roof controls (at least on my 2019 F350).

Adaptive Cruise Control will adjust your speed based on the car in front of you. If you set it at 67 and the car in front of you slows to 63, it will slow your vehicle to 63 to maintain the distance you set. If the car in front accelerates back up to 67, your truck will too. It lets you use cruise control in traffic. I won't buy another vehicle without it.
    Last edited by bertschb; 05-02-2019 at 07:39 PM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of good info, thanks. What does one use uplifter switches for? And what does adaptive cruise control do? Screamin good deals, where? Everyone I have talked with is talking MSRP. Ok, my wife says I have an S on my forehead and it does not stand for superman.

Truck bed weight capacity is less than a F350? I gotta go pull some charts, plus recalculate my pin weight. Truck shopping is sooooo hard.
    The upfitter switches will power any aftermarket doodad you add to the truck. I didn't think I'd use them, but I've already wired in two of them (related to my airlift bags and onboard air compressor). If I got a winch I'd use another switch to power a relay for it. For the relatively small cost, I suggest you get them though it is not a "make or break" feature. Note you can't add them afterwards. (I think you'll find the vast majority of trucks on the lot have them installed.)

2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adaptive cruise keeps a set distance from you and the vehicle in front of you, up to your preset cruise speed. The distance can be adjusted in four different increments, from what I'll call "close" to "far". When in TOW/HAUL mode those distances increase automatically to give the vehicle more time to stop. It is fantastic on long hauls. Sometimes I'll set my speed intentionally a little high so I can essentially "attach" my truck to the vehicle's speed in front of me. Unlike some other manufacturer's implementation, the truck does not dramatically accelerate when a gap opens. The speed increase is at a reasonable, gradual rate. Can you tell I'm a fan?

2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. I am a curmudgeon, neither upfitter switches nor adaptive cruise control have much appeal to me. I am so used to me doing these things that the "upgrades" would just be annoying to me.

I am disturbed that the engine block heater is no longer standard, I will have no issue with paying extra to have one installed, indeed I will. Just one of those check boxes when I buy a new truck.

Being old school, I am pretty amped up about the 4:30 differential. Yes, more RPMS, yes lower fuel mileage. But since my max towing speed is 60mph and the majority of the rest of my travels is basically around town, it works for me. I have had my Chevy up to 80mph maybe 3 times in 4 years. I just don't do hi speed driving, therefore, lower differential rating works for me.

Gotta go find the weight charts....
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast