0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say pretty smart fella...easy question. Congrats on the 450

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hot damn Dallas. That is one nice truck. My 2018 manual said 1,000 miles before towing. So went out and had fun cruising around with 450 HP and no trailer
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    More coming;

I have studied break-in periods slightly. Old school says you must run the engines in light load to heat the valve seals so they will seat. No longer the case with ultra-engineered engines. Last I read you need to run the vehicle 500 miles so the brakes will wear in... The dealer today had no problem with me hitching my 20k trailer and towing at a grand total of 3 miles on the new truck.

I am thinking break in is not as big a deal as it once was.
    SWWWWEEEEETTTTT!!!!!! Congrats, Dallas. I think you're going to love it.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I done did it, just signed papers and wrote checks for a F450.
    Great choice and a great match for your Momentum! Have fun!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I took the Mo down and set it on the truck with my old hitch and found decent clearance I was losing sleep over knowing for sure that the truck MO would "set right" while towing. I got the Ford OEM Reese hitch and fretted about the lack of adjustment available. I took delivery last Monday and today was the first opportunity I had to set MO on the truck. I totally boneheaded the hitch up with the new hitch, the good news was the sewer pipes cleared the parking block when I slid MO back about a foot trying to force a hookup when the jaws were not correct on the new hitch. Cheap lesson, only embarrassed.

After all is hitched up and the squat accomplished I had 5 inches of clearance (1 more than my chevy), but I was slightly nose down, not enough to cause immediate problems but enough for me to start researching air bags. The first will be the maiden pull over Sisters Pass in Oregon, that's where I will find out if my reasoning is, well, reasonable.

It sets pretty high, we do technical rock climbing so are working on different techniques to get into the truck, I like to do a heel hook and roll, DW is head on giant step. Or little dog can no longer jump into the truck without assistance. Changes. None of my Chevy accesories fits, so I will be adding more stuff as time goes on.

I now know for sure this truck will work for us. Hopefully I will start sleeping better.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the new truck Dallas.

You might want to look at Air Lift with the remote control. It helps when you're going down one of those old highways and start getting that chucking......just add or remove 10 psi on the fly and it all smooths out. https://www.airliftcompany.com/products/
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    You might want to look at Air Lift with the remote control.
    I have been looking at added suspension, I need to add about 2 inches to the bed height when the MO is on the truck to level things out. First haul will only be 150 miles, I will stop and check it frequently to see how much nose down I am at under varying conditions.
    Dallas

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dallas not sure if your truck is squatting 2" or maybe only an inche and your Momentum is down an additional inch in the front? After getting my individual wheels weighed, my truck sit level with the Air Lift (55-60 psi) but my Momentum was still low in the front (barely noticable). Raised my hitch 1" and now everything is level.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely a work in progress, the good news is that all of my angst about bed rail clearance has been put to rest, now it's just a matter of tweaking things to perfection. I still have not towed. I am looking forward to pitting the 4:30 rear end to an 8% grade, it's still possible I made a $60k error. That would sour my milk. But so far it's been a good decision.
    Dallas

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have not towed. I am looking forward to pitting the 4:30 rear end to an 8% grade...
    I predict you'll have a big 'ol smile on your face as that 6.7 diesel hauls your Momentum up the grade without any fuss at all. I look forward to reading that post!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast