User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic 4 door fridge - interior light issue

Opening up for the season and the interior light in our fridge is dangling from the wires. There doesn’t seem to be anything that holds the light in place.

Anyone else have - and solve - this issue?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to look to see how it is mounted, but this may do the trick: https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Produc...F7PF4QTHWR5FSH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi: If you have the Dometic 12 cu.ft refrigerator take a look at the hole where the light mounts in the refrigerator wall. See if there is a small plastic pin/button that has teeth on it sticking out. If so its a plastic push button (nick name xmas tree) that pushes into the back of the light fixture to hold it in place. I believe the pin goes through a backing plate. I don’t know how old your unit is but the refrigerator has a two year parts and labor warranty from Dometic. Maybe give Dometic a call. Good luck.
    Last edited by 242 checkmate; 05-02-2019 at 01:26 PM.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine was loose and i also noticed the bulb was really hot. i put in an led (got at auto parts store). I used a thin piece of rubber to make the male fitting a little tighter in the hole......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    Hi: If you have the Dometic 12 cu.ft refrigerator take a look at the hole where the light mounts in the refrigerator wall. See if there is a small plastic pin/button that has teeth on it sticking out. If so its a plastic push button (nick name xmas tree) that pushes into the back of the light fixture to hold it in place. I believe the pin goes through a backing plate. I don’t know how old your unit is but the refrigerator has a two year parts and labor warranty from Dometic. Maybe give Dometic a call. Good luck.
    Thank you - it was, in fact, a broken “xmas tree”. Light has been replaced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi: Your welcome. Glad your light issue is corrected.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel