User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need black external vent cover for 2118X refrigerator: 310GK

This question is for a 2018 Solitude 310GK with the Norcold 2118X series refrigerator.

We damaged the black upper refrigerator outside vent cover, and cannot find a replacement online, at a GDRV dealer, through GDRV service, or at Norcold/Thetford service.

GDRV service told me that they cannot (cannot or may not?) give out part numbers, that I would have to contact a dealer. They claimed that the dealer had access to an index of GDRV parts and could match by VIN to ensure the correct part.

The dealer did not have any way to look this up on any GDRV resources, and resorted to Google searches, and failed to find a match. The dealer said they could look up major equipment by VIN, but not accessories such as vent covers.

The vent is 16x32 inches. Norcold said that they only have white covers for that refrigerator, and that this must be a (RV) manufacturer special part.

So I went to Google and was able to find a black vent cover 621156BK, but that is only 16.5 x 24.25.
    I was also able to find 628073BW, which is 16x32, but is white.

Does anyone know the correct part number for the 16x32" black vent cover and a source for it, or any other suggestions for searching?

I admit to being disappointed in GDRV's response, that they could / would not even be able to give me a part number. I understand that they cannot sell directly to me, to protect their relationship with their dealers, but it seems that providing a part number would not endanger that relationship. The service person said that they had no access to the part number within GDRV, which I simply do not believe since they install the part twice on every RV with this size refrigerator.

Help anyone?
    Thanks,
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you need just the door that has the twist lock's that hold it in, or the entire assembly?

I just looked at our 2019 models vs 2020, and they have changed the assembly.

Older version had 1 continuous door, while the newer 2020 has a normal sized door, with small vents to the left of it.

Either way, we can get the older version. Post a picture for verification and I'll price it out for you. It may be a little while as GD does not stock it and we would get it from a different source.
    Last edited by huntr70; 05-03-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Al,

The first part of the question is easy . . . GDRV has an on-line parts look-up that anybody can access https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup

Unfortunately the part you are looking for shows as NLA (no longer available) . . . so, the becomes a problem.
    You may be looking at replacing it with a similar size entire assembly including the frame.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 590274 NLA.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the part we can get.

The newer version also, but it would look funny with a different one on top and bottom.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Steve and Rob.

Rob, your lookup-fu is stronger than mine. I had looked in the GDRV parts locator, but wasn't able to find it in either the exterior section or the section that listed the refer parts.

I do need the entire assembly; when we damage something, we don't do it part way. There is damage to the rig, too, but I want to at least replace the vent cover ASAP to prevent water intrusion here in the sunny pacific northwest. (Excuse my poor attempt at humor.)

The piece is what Rob showed, with the full-width door (30.5 x 14.75).

Steve, I'll contact you off the forum (you're our selling dealer).

Thanks again!
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    Thanks, Steve and Rob. Rob, your lookup-fu is stronger than mine. I had looked in the GDRV parts locator, but wasn't able to find it in either the exterior section or the section that listed the refer parts. I do need the entire assembly; when we damage something, we don't do it part way. There is damage to the rig, too, but I want to at least replace the vent cover ASAP to prevent water intrusion here in the sunny pacific northwest. (Excuse my poor attempt at humor.) The piece is what Rob showed, with the full-width door (30.5 x 14.75). Steve, I'll contact you off the forum (you're our selling dealer). Thanks again! -Al
    Al, glad that you're going to get sorted.

Our upper fridge vent disappeared on the second day of travel after our dealer had replaced the fridge. The dealer said, "not our problem"!!!

Grand Design did try to help. After quite a bit of back-and-forth GD determined that the nice shiny grate seen in the photo @Cate&Rob posted was no longer available from them or from Norcold (just 10 months after our trailer was manufactured!) and sent us two of the grate they're using now, the one described by @huntr70. The new two-part grate is matte finish, feels flimsy (though it's probably adequate), and looks cheap compared to the original.

If @huntr70 / Steve actually has the original in stock snap it up quick. After receiving the new one I tried hard to find the original piece calling dealers all over Florida. Couldn't find it anywhere and had to install the junky one.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al,
    If you can find the right size in white it would be easy to paint it black with Rustoleum brand plastic furniture paint. I have used it on outdoors plastic chairs and it lasts for years.

HTH,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    False alarm everyone...

I confirmed with our Part's Manager that the old part is unavailable. He had a supplier showing inventory of the old part number, but when calling them to verify, was told that the ol d part number inventory is actually the newer part.

Looks like you will have to use the newer 2 piece vents.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you could try one of those factory surplus places up there around Elkhart and Goshen?
    Here is one https://factoryrvsurplus.com/collections/all
    another https://bontragers.com/rv-supplies-accessories/
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pointers, everyone. I decided to go with the new vent design. Waiting for me (I hope) at our next longer stop.
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast