User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just picked up our new Transcend 26RLS and we have lots of questions!

We picked up our new Transcend 26RLS and we have lots of beginner questions!

We picked up the trailer in Windham Maine on Wednesday and we towed it home to Long Island without any issues at all. We didn't find any issues or problems with the trailer at all. The dealer, Lee's Family Trailers, was so nice to deal with, very low key and supportive. We are very pleased! We are actually taking our first trip next week so we've begun to pack the trailer and all kinds of questions keep popping up.

I think that we've got the major items covered like, a sewer hose, electrical surge protector, potable drinking hose, a regular water hose, sidewinder for the hose, water pressure regulator, levers, etc Its all the little stuff, like what to pack and how to pack. Like what kind of dishes do most people use? We bought a very inexpensive set of four Correl dishes (4 plates, 4 small plates, 4 bowls and 4 cups) because they aren't supposed to break. We had a set when the kids were small and for the most part they held up, so we figured that they's work in the trailer. But....that was before we drove on Interstate 95 through the Bronx and Westchester....OMG!!! How do you pack the dishes so they don't break or become projectiles?

Is there any secrets to loading the cabinets so yu don't end up with a mess?

Is there a special way to pack the pots and pans? How do you keep them from also becoming projectiles?

Any thoughts that you have for two new-bees would be appreciated!

Thanks

Bob

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob

We use the drawer liners that are anti skid material, this helps keep dishes and such from sliding in the cupboards. We put our pots and pans in the bottom drawers where ever they are so they are close to the floor, less movement here I think. We have melamine plates , but they are not microwaveable. You could also put a paper towel or 2 in between the plates and such to keep them from rattling.
    Basically try to keep stuff tight in there places and there should be no problems.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    We picked up our new Transcend 26RLS and we have lots of beginner questions!

We picked up the trailer in Windham Maine on Wednesday and we towed it home to Long Island without any issues at all. We didn't find any issues or problems with the trailer at all. The dealer, Lee's Family Trailers, was so nice to deal with, very low key and supportive. We are very pleased! We are actually taking our first trip next week so we've begun to pack the trailer and all kinds of questions keep popping up.

I think that we've got the major items covered like, a sewer hose, electrical surge protector, potable drinking hose, a regular water hose, sidewinder for the hose, water pressure regulator, levers, etc Its all the little stuff, like what to pack and how to pack. Like what kind of dishes do most people use? We bought a very inexpensive set of four Correl dishes (4 plates, 4 small plates, 4 bowls and 4 cups) because they aren't supposed to break. We had a set when the kids were small and for the most part they held up, so we figured that they's work in the trailer. But....that was before we drove on Interstate 95 through the Bronx and Westchester....OMG!!! How do you pack the dishes so they don't break or become projectiles?

Is there any secrets to loading the cabinets so yu don't end up with a mess?

Is there a special way to pack the pots and pans? How do you keep them from also becoming projectiles?

Any thoughts that you have for two new-bees would be appreciated!

Thanks

Bob
    My wife has a flotilla of pool noodles (the floaty things) to secure the majority of our stuff in place. They are light, inexpensive, easy to cut to size, and easy to install/remove. Works perfect to hold our microwave's glass tray in place. For loose stuff in the pantry she uses small curtain tension rods.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We already have a roll of shelf liner and lots of pool noodles laying around!

what about a trailer jack? Do I get an actual hydrualic jack like this;
    (https://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-6409...gateway&sr=8-4) or do I get the kind that you drive up on, like this;
    https://www.amazon.com/Andersen-Manu...gateway&sr=8-7

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We usually leave food in canvas type storage containers on floor that fold flat when not in use. Got at Walmart in furniture dept. When at campground just unpack and store containers under bed. Keep bottled drinking water on floor until we get to campsite then place underneath camper. Always carry some tools to make repairs and spare parts, fuses, hose clamps, screws, Gorilla tape, etc - I probably carry way to many but can make most repairs every needed to camper, from replacing water pump, repair water lines, etc. I mounted large fire extinguisher on electric jack post at front of camper. Use ladder on back of camper to carry portable dump tank and this is it's home unless need to use ladder or use tank, use ladder Cameo chair rack to keep it from sliding down ladder when traveling.
    Happy Camping!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(https://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-6409...gateway&sr=8-4) or do I get the kind that you drive up on, like this;
    https://www.amazon.com/Andersen-Manu...gateway&sr=8-7
    Kind of two different animals you’ve referenced in your post, Beer Brewer. At some point you will want bottle jacks, in case you need to lift the trailer to change a tire. There are threads on here to help you decide which ones to buy. More immediate use, the “levelers”, will be needed each time you park your trailer (your yard, or campground). If your dealer didn’t instruct you on how to do this, there are great you-tube videos that show you how. After that, WHAT you use to level side to side is up to preference and, again, you will find plenty of threads to read on the topic here. Use the search function to find them.

Re: securing your dishes, etc. , Brian gave great advice. I have to ask, though, did the doors/drawers actually fly open? When new, our trailer was missing more than half of the cupboard latches. We used bungee cords to secure the handles until I got latches installed. And the ones that were installed needed a bit of adjustment to keep them closed. Threads on here for that, as well.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To level the trailer at your campsite get a LevelMate Pro and Andersen Levelers:

2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have pieces of non skid shelf liner in between each plate.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we purchased some Camco Refrigerator bars and cupboard bars to keep things from sliding around. They seem to work well and once settled they can be stored out of the way.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plastic containers have become our best friends, when traveling we have cabinets we empty I to these. Other cabinets are organized by them full time. When I first saw it I thought it was a lot of work. But after cleaning up after a 2 day pull I fast became a fan. O e of the biggest bits of advice however is just do without. What I mean is we tend to over stock with items we really do not need. You would be surprised what you can do with a manic bullet and leave so many things out. The less you carry the less you need to worry about sloshing around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast