User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DW Training

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good points and it is important to have the DW knowledgeable about the set-up, dumping the tanks, disconnect and towing. I have gone over all of those with the DW. But I'm afraid if she gets comfortable driving the 5th wheel I'll head to the campground showers and she'll head home!

Seriously, all DW and DH ('cause I've been at a few campgrounds where the DW did all of the work) need to know how to hitch/unhitch, dump tanks, get the TT ready for travel, insurance coverage, who to call for roadside assistance. I keep a notebook in the truck that has everything about the TT so we have a reference point in case something goes wrong.

The subject of a loved one leaving us while on the road is not one that we like to discuss, but maybe we should have a thread developed on the topic. Like how do you get the loved one home, who would certify the death certificate (might be in a different state) and surviving persons responsibilities. We just had a friend pass on while on vacation in another country it took a while to get all of the approvals to get the remains back to Texas.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To all the DWs out there that want to be involved in all aspects of the RV operation - good for you! And us guys too, how many of us likes to wash and put away dishes, put everything away and clean a toilet?

We made it a point to share the duties. My DW helps hitch and unhitch, knows how to do it and can do it. Her biggest issue is getting the hitch lined up with the pin. She runs the leveling system all the time and even helps dump the tanks. She told me the other day she watches me all the time while I am driving to get the hang of it and will eventually drive the rig.
    She has actually pulled the rig forward around a turn, then backed up and straightened it out and backed into a parking space. She needs a little more practice but gets the idea. She can hook up power and get the rig opened up and closed.

As for the RV subsystems, electrical - she can trouble shoot simple issues, breakers turned on and the right connections made but more in depth TS power problems no. Electricity is too dangerous for the inexperienced person.
    Water system - yup she can figure out the problem but not crimp a new connector. At least she knows what is wrong.
    We just share all the duties of operating the rig. She drives the 1 ton DRW everyday for work and parks it in the Hospital garage next to the ambulances. She'll get there fully driving the rig one day but not yet.

For those that don't want to get that involved, that is OK. Its better to know your limitations than push a bad situation, just make plans so it can get done when the need arises.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 05-06-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123