Likes Likes:  0

Thread: TOGO Roadlink

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TOGO Roadlink

I ordered a TOGO Roadlink a few weeks ago, and received it this week. Finally had time to set it up prior to doing the installation. Appears to work well with no major setup problems other than a couple of reboots needed to get the device to find the 4G service. I'm getting 18-20 up and down with 2 signal bars. I should note signing up for the $360.00 unlimited ATT 4G plan was very simple from within the Winegard TOGO app. Didn't have to go through an ATT support person, and only took a couple of minutes. So far very happy with the results and product. Follow the setup instructions closely, and setup the TOGO Roadlink to connect with an existing WIFI service when instructed to do so, and anyone should be up and running in minutes.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just looking into getting one of these myself... Now that you've had it for a bit, do you still think it's the right choice?

How difficult was it to install? I'd be installing mine on a 2020 310GK, not sure if it's pre-wired for anything like this or not...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afr0ninja View Post
    I was just looking into getting one of these myself... Now that you've had it for a bit, do you still think it's the right choice?

How difficult was it to install? I'd be installing mine on a 2020 310GK, not sure if it's pre-wired for anything like this or not...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0946.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	20952

I am happy with the TOGO system. I did some experimenting with the antenna signal and decided to put the system in my 230RL on top of the cabinets. The signal strength varied only 2 percent from inside verses outside placement. I'm don't know if your RV model would accommodate this type of installation, but it seems to work OK for my situation. Last week, I was camping in a fringe signal area, and I could not use my Iphone, no signal. The TOGO system however had a 25 percent signal and I could use my phone connected through the TOGO WIFI. I have also noted that the TOGO WIFI side of the system works well for picking up other local networks when available. In general, the Antenna system does an excellent job broadcasting the signal, I have picked up my TOGO WIFI network on my phone in excess of a 1/4 mile from my camper.

Everything you need to roof mount the TOGO system is included with the exception of self leveling roof sealant. Setting it up and purchasing the unlimited yearly prepaid plan was very easy utilizing the phone app.. As noted in the instructions, you must have access to a WIFI system to setup the TOGO system and purchase the data plan.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Airstream TTs are installing a Pepwave router and external antenna with AT&T unlimited at 360 per year and give the first years service free with the purchase of Airstream Classic. ---- HINT HNT Grand Design.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the reply! I would have never thought of keeping it inside... I would have assumed that it would have to stay outside... For a 2% gain, I'd save the hassle and keep it indoors.

Thanks again!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afr0ninja View Post
    Thank you for the reply! I would have never thought of keeping it inside... I would have assumed that it would have to stay outside... For a 2% gain, I'd save the hassle and keep it indoors.

Thanks again!
    You're welcome. I setup my TOGO and purchased the data plan before I installed the system. I used a 12VDC power supply to power the system while "on the ground" to setup and purchase the data plan. With the fully functioning TOGO system, I was able to move the module around in the camper and find the best signal verses my baseline with the module setting on the roof.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgerot View Post
    I ordered a TOGO Roadlink a few weeks ago, and received it this week. Finally had time to set it up prior to doing the installation. Appears to work well with no major setup problems other than a couple of reboots needed to get the device to find the 4G service. I'm getting 18-20 up and down with 2 signal bars. I should note signing up for the $360.00 unlimited ATT 4G plan was very simple from within the Winegard TOGO app. Didn't have to go through an ATT support person, and only took a couple of minutes. So far very happy with the results and product. Follow the setup instructions closely, and setup the TOGO Roadlink to connect with an existing WIFI service when instructed to do so, and anyone should be up and running in minutes.
    I concur! Setup of the TOGO was a breeze! The router provides a strong wifi signal for about a 50' circumference around our Imagine. A "Guest" SSID can be activated, so that sharing is possible without compromising your LAN. So far, the "Unlimited" data plan from AT&T has truly been unlimited, with no apparent throttling! Because the device only requires 12v dc power, after setting up the camping site, I have been placing the unit on the roof and dropping the included power cable down to the battery box, attaching to the battery with clamps that have been temporarily installed. I hope to tackle a permanent installation upon return home from this current road venture. Thanks to sgerot for starting this thread!
    David & Catherine
    2023 Ford F-150 3.5L EcoBoost w/Max Tow, Equalizer 4-Point Hitch
    2022 Imagine 2500RL